Board Members Playing Live!

simple

Staff member
How about some Forum Members pictured playing live?!!!   :headbang:

For those of you like me (really old), lets see a "then" and "now" combination!

Hmm, don't have anything handy but me doing lines in the bathroom with the Wolfman at the stripper's Halloween party....

broom.jpg

OK, here's some pictures before the haircut...

Attachments

• BB8pic.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 379
  • BB1pic.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 00026pic.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 362
You know what Gregg, I prefer post-haircut. Though I know chopping off the hair is difficult. I've done it a couple times, and each time, I've been happier afterwards.

And then it grows long again.

jackthehack said:
me doing lines in the bathroom

Sorry, couldn't resist. Your post is so different without the photograph.

Gregg Stewart said:

I have moved around so much that keeping things like pictures just wasn't something that I did but I will call some old friends to see if they have any. Crap Gregg I've got bad dreams and memories that are older than you. I started playing bass in the spring of 1963 at the ripe old age of 13 now for the sad times my second new bass that I bought was a 1966 Fender Jazz Bass in Olympic White ($350.00) and bassman amp ($409.00). I turned down many of the older fenders and gibsons because I didn't think that they looked cool on stage with the scratches, dings, and rub marks and besides who wanted an old cheap $100.00 or less bass and that goes for guitars too. I don't do many gigs anymore but if I can round up some pictures I will post them. Gregg this post sure has brought a lot of old memories I hope the guys that I first gigged with have a lot of old pictures I'd like for you to see Wayne (the animal) Turner when he was just learning to play guitar for you that don't know who Wayne is he plays with the Bama Band who backed Hank Williams Jr. for a long time. There's many that came out of Leitchfield Ky. (Grayson County) that are still touring with some big name entertainers.

I have only played out a few times but heres some pics from a jam session at a little bar. By the way that guitar is not mine. Somebody else that was there had it and ask me if i wanted to play it. It was a fender SRV custom.

08.jpg

05.jpg

Gregg  How can you play with your guitar slung down so low? doesn't that hurt your wrists after awhile

Stuck in the Sixties said:
Gregg Stewart said:

I have moved around so much that keeping things like pictures just wasn't something that I did but I will call some old friends to see if they have any. Crap Gregg I've got bad dreams and memories that are older than you. I started playing bass in the spring of 1963 at the ripe old age of 13 now for the sad times my second new bass that I bought was a 1966 Fender Jazz Bass in Olympic White ($350.00) and bassman amp ($409.00). I turned down many of the older fenders and gibsons because I didn't think that they looked cool on stage with the scratches, dings, and rub marks and besides who wanted an old cheap $100.00 or less bass and that goes for guitars too. I don't do many gigs anymore but if I can round up some pictures I will post them. Gregg this post sure has brought a lot of old memories I hope the guys that I first gigged with have a lot of old pictures I'd like for you to see Wayne (the animal) Turner when he was just learning to play guitar for you that don't know who Wayne is he plays with the Bama Band who backed Hank Williams Jr. for a long time. There's many that came out of Leitchfield Ky. (Grayson County) that are still touring with some big name entertainers.
Very cool! I bet you'll have some GREAT pictures to show off. My oldest brother is about your age and I started gigging with him in bars when I was 16. I've always thought that the coolest rock-n-roll era was the one you guys grew up in. I caught the tail end remnants of it only because I was gigging so young. My first real bar gig playing weekends was when I was 13. Yes, the laws were way different back then. And yes, OH if I just would have hung on to my Dad's old guitars and the ones that were coming in and out of my possession!  :doh:  

Alfang said:
Gregg  How can you play with your guitar slung down so low? doesn't that hurt your wrists after awhile
Yep, hurts the wrists but it looks cool. Come on man, you know, it's all about the chicks.  :glasses10:  :laughing8:

Gregg Stewart said:
Alfang said:
Yep, hurts the wrists but it looks cool. Come on man, you know, it's all about the chicks.  :glasses10:   :laughing8:

That is soo funny but true, I intentionally practice on occasion with my guitar slung super low for the same reason, its almost a Rock and Roll expectation...hahahaahahahaahah, but what a bitch to try and do extended lead work, the more I bend over to try and get close to my Geetar the further away it seems to get...hahahahaahaha :laughing7:

Yes I do believe Alfang is stating that his wrist action is very important to him.... :laughing7:.......maybe needed to help keep his "guitar" from hanging limply from the waist.....hahaahahaahhah :laughing7:

just teasing Alfang.....hahahahaaha

LOL I know you are, no problemo, I love it all.

I love your line, the further I bendover to get closer the further away it gets, thats too funny

I have a lot of "then" pictures, and a couple "not quite so then" pictures and pretty much zero "now" pictures lol
but here we go:

n517473612_72542_2375.jpg

playing at a house party years and years ago, my hair hasn't been that long for awhile.
n517473612_68100_3473.jpg

At the town celebration of my hometown last year. played for about 1500 people at the football field with a gigantic bonfire. it was awesome. I have some videos of it I'll have to DV onto the comptuer and post for you guys.
n517473612_68092_1590.jpg

n517473612_68105_4629.jpg

I guess they dont really show much of the stage.
but hey there you go! videos soon.

[]
Here is a little pic of me with one of my first loves, my 83 hardtail strat.  This guitar is the inspiration for my first warmoth build.

Man, that took forever, and it looks like crap, but that was my old Fender hardtail!.. I'm glad I don't play guitar like I use computers!

Back