Blue Quilt Royale on the way!!

BranCaster

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I've been lurking around here for a while now and even more so since I placed my order on 5/22. Can't wait for my blue dye maple quilt with mahogany Royale to get here...especially seeing all the awesome guitars that other forum members have created. It was a showcase body and I custom ordered the neck in rosewood with an ebony board and pearloid block inlays with ivoroid binding on the neck and body...look at me carrying on like a giddy little school girl! Thanks, and see yall around on the forums!

Attachments

• blue royale front.jpg
    blue royale front.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 224
  • blue royale back.jpg
    blue royale back.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 205
  • blue royale angle.jpg
    blue royale angle.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 208
  • blue royale binding close up.jpg
    blue royale binding close up.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 211
Welcome to the board, BranCaster!

I must say, that is a stunning body, and it sounds like the neck will be, too. I look forward to seeing this one come together. Be sure to keep everyone posted!

Welcome to the forum.

Good looking body, what else is planned for the guitar. E.g. Pickups, hardware etc ?

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words. I have the seymour duncan jb for the bridge position and a jazz pickup for the neck. I also ordered push push pots for coil splitting. Tonepros will be used for the bridge hardware, I have gotoh tuners and a graphtech tusk xl nut on order. The knobs will be black speed knobs, black pickup selector, pickups and pickup rings will be black, while the bridge, and tuners are going to be gold hardware just to keep things all over the place. Oh, the neck profile will also be the crazy thin wizard profile. I've wanted a Gibson Custom Class 5 blue quilt top since I first saw one in a musiciansfriend.com catalog when I was 14 but Ive never manage to save up the $4500 for it :/ I wasn't even planning on this build, but saw this body on the showcase while I was browsing for a new neck for my very first electric guitar that I was rebuilding and you know as well as I do how bad G.A.S. Can get...plus I had just given my wife the OK to get a new puppy, so I had some purchasing leverage. I couldn't believe that I haven't seen more Royales on the forum...I personally like that Tele-esque shoulder incorporated onto the Les Paul style body more than the regular les paul shape. I would've been happy building any body style guitar, but the way the les paul shape sits over my leg while I'm playing is the most comfortable for my taste.

The Royale is a new body style for Warmoth, so there haven't been many built so far. I'm sure yours is going to be anxiously anticipated by many here. You may end up being a trendsetter.

Your pickup/hardware selection sounds great to me. I don't think I'd mix/match finishes, but we'll see how that ends up.

I'm not sure a new guitar is adequate compensation for allowing a puppy into your life, but that's a judgement call you have to make for yourself  <grin>

Ah, I see. I'm pretty new to Warmoth, so I didnt know the Royales were pretty new. Yeah Cagey, I know what you mean about mixing finishes, but gold hardware on a blue quilt has always made me drool, but at the sametime, Ive always felt that gold pickups and pickup rings that are all gold with all the other hardware being gold was overkill....I just liked the thought of both ends of the strings ending in gold. I'm right there with you though, if it turns out looking too eclectic, I'm fully prepared to swap some parts out. I'm doing the pickups blind as well. I've not used the JB and Jazz combo in the past, so all in all, there is a lot of exploring to do and it excites the heck out of me.

I'm quite confident you're going to love the JB/Jazz pickup combo. They've been making them by the bajillion for the last hundred years because they're so widely applicable and versatile. You can romp and stomp, wank and crank, sing and cry - they're just a lotta fun.

Look forward to seeing it progress. It should be a whole lotta guitar, I like the Royale shape too.

GAS, never heard of it  :toothy12:

Haha...well with a name like Stratomania, even if you've never heard of GAS, you've obviously experienced it! Cagey, I'm glad for the reassurance, I was a little iffy at first, but after reading a bunch of reviews and watching videos, I'm sure it'll be really easy to coax some great sounds out of them. Elfro, that video clip had me laughing. It's been a long time coming though...like I said, I wanted that Gibson Custom Shop quilt since I was 14 (28 now) but i'm pretty stoked that I'm getting a REAL custom guitar just for me that has everything I want for $2500 less than the Gibson.  :headbang1:

Back