Blue Flame Maple LP

Lucky #007 said:
Swapping magnets is a bit above my head for now.  That sounds cool though.  I'm slowly easing my way into doing more and more.

I'm looking at replacing the Alnico II Pros in my Bengal Burst LP with Pearly Gates.  I need to swap the wiring in the Blue LP because I got turned around and wired the switch backwards and the knobs.  They all work, it's just that the up is the bridge and down is the neck on the switch.

swapping magnets is really easy. really, really easy. its a 10 minute job. For me it was a neccasity, because the basic tone just wasn't right of several pickups, in several guitars. new magnets were/are the only way thing I could do...

Magnet swaps are cool,easy and fun. I'd do it anytime it seemed like it might make a difference. It's like getting a new pickup for $5.

Sounds interesting.  I may have to give that a shot in the future.  I'm pretty happy with the tone I'm getting now with both of them.  I have a pair of SD Alnico II Pros that got replaced in my Bengal Burst LP that I might use.

Back