Blackstar amps

Blackstar for the win.... :headbang1:
$_12.JPG

The white one is really cool looking.  I have a feeling it gets dirty and gross looking real fast though.  :-\

hannaugh said:
The white one is really cool looking.  I have a feeling it gets dirty and gross looking real fast though.  :-\
Probably so, it's the same one I have, only someone customized to give it a vintage vibe..And mines black..

hannaugh said:

I have one of my brother's Rivera amps here at the moment - a pearl white Venus 6 - and it doesn't get dirty so much as every little ding and dent shows up like neon.

Venus6.jpg

Yeah, and it's easy to scuff against things because it weight 82 million pounds. Then, all that mass means no matter how lightly you brush up against something, inertia guarantees you're gonna hurt it.

Cagey said:
hannaugh said:

I have one of my brother's Rivera amps here at the moment - a pearl white Venus 6 - and it doesn't get dirty so much as every little ding and dent shows up like neon.

Venus6.jpg
That's pretty cool looking. Looks like it has an outer aluminum skin.. :icon_thumright:

Yeah, I didn't notice that until after I posted it. That's not his amp; I pulled that from a Google image search. His is more like a cream color, kinda like this...

DSCN1485.jpg

So, I recently got a Blackstar HT-5.  I got the one without the reverb because Musician's friend had a sale on the TC Electronic Hall of Fame pedal (actually the Arena, which is just a rebranded HoF.)  It's my first actual tube amp, and I'm pretty happy with it.

It's louder than I thought it would be at 5 watts. I got the head version; I'm using a HTV-112 80W speaker, which is overkill, but I though if I ever needed a more powerful speaker, then I'd already have one there.  Kinda wondering if it's so loud because of the speaker. Also, the cabinet is bigger (and a lot heavier) than I thought it would be.

But anyway, the HT-5 seems pretty versatile, kinda going between Marshall and Fender sounds with the ISF knob.  There's a website dedicated to HT-5 presets here:

http://ht5.kizix.org/

I had looked at the Vox Night Train, and the Egnater tweaker before getting the HT-5.  And I almost got one of the Ampeg GVT amps before they were discontinued, even though I'd never played one. No regrets getting the HT-5.

Yes, don't let 5 watts only deceive anyone, it can get quite loud. Even the combo version. Put it through a 4 * 12 and it will sound bigger still though possibly not louder.

Remember also tube/valve amps are louder per given wattage than a solid state amp.

Thanks for the link to the settings page.

I have been thinking about getting a Blackstar HT-5R and came across this version that has 2x10s instead of 1x12. Thought it looked pretty sweet. Anyone tried one of these yet??

Attachments

• Blackstar-HT-5TH-Limited-Edition-Combo-White.jpg
    Blackstar-HT-5TH-Limited-Edition-Combo-White.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 386
Back