black korinakaster

willyk

Just opened the box. Can't say I was wild about the pickguard and trem cover just sitting on the top with no protection, one of those foamy sheet things would have been welcome. But it seems to have made it to Australia with no harm done so no more bitchin'.
I seem to have scored some free flames, didn't seem that noticable in the showcase pic but I am really pleased with how it looks in person. better not paint it black eh....

Attachments

• kk0004_1.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 424
looks freakin awesome, but I'm guessing that one's not for you???

she's a real looker. nice buy mate. make sure u upload your progress

guitlouie said:
looks freakin awesome, but I'm guessing that one's not for you???

You guessed right GL it could be one of those "wish it was a lefty" guitars :-\

>JR< said:
she's a real looker. nice buy mate. make sure u upload your progress

will do JR.. I've already sand/sealed it but I will spare you pics of that stage. The flame and colors started looking great as soon as it got wet though.

willyk said:
Just opened the box. Can't say I was wild about the pickguard and trem cover just sitting on the top with no protection, one of those foamy sheet things would have been welcome. But it seems to have made it to Australia with no harm done so no more bitchin'.
I seem to have scored some free flames, didn't seem that noticable in the showcase pic but I am really pleased with how it looks in person. better not paint it black eh....
You sir I do believe scored very big on that purchase.
I am truly amazed with the quality of Warmoths product but I have been terrified to open the boxes that the bodies or necks come in just wondering how much damage there is to what I bought. My first 2 orders no damage to report. Why don't they spend a little on bubble wrap and wrap the parts in it I wouldn't mind paying a little more it's not like you are buying a fifty dollar neck or a very used body.

Was this was from Showcase??
Will look much alike the TT's Strat  :sad:
My niver is coming soon, give it to me?  :laughing7:

[EDIT]
Duh  :doh:
I haven't read it well, I supose... You have wrote the answer to my 1st question in the original post

Some orange stripe AND flame, and of course they went and top-routed it.... Nice other than the routing.... How are you going to finish it?

Everytime I get a warmoth package, the first thought is "awesome" immediately followed by, find a damn box or bucket to put the packing peanuts in.  I hate packing peanuts, no matter how much time I take or carefull I am, they go everywhere.

I am so surprised there is not more damaged shipments with those peanuts, I would also 2nd bubblewrap, and would pay the extra nickel.

jackthehack said:
Some orange stripe AND flame, and of course they went and top-routed it.... Nice other than the routing.... How are you going to finish it?

Sand/seal then grainfill, I am going to use a light filler with a brown stain as a thinning/coloring agent. (Feast-Watson Jarrah for all you Aussies !!) Then it's Tung oil all the way. I want to see how different it ends up than my hybrid telemaster which I didn't seal or fill and finished in Danish oil and Carnauba wax. I've got a lefty L5S coming which is Black Korina with a Koa top so I'm experimenting a bit with this one. If it turns out anywhere near as nice as TT's strat I'll be stoked. Top routing is the only way to go for a strat IMHO Jack, to each his own eh? but I'm hanging out for this L5S (rear routed of course) and that will have nothing hidden... cheers  Willy

Very nice! I would swear it was a twin to mine. I am very interested in the finish your doing. Pics please....
Thanks for the compliment willyk. I think this one will be even better. What's going in it for pickups?

-TT-

Nice!~  Korina has its own thing goin on.... a good thing too!~  Its TOTALLY COOTIE FREE! Most EXCELLENT!~~

TroubledTreble said:
Very nice! I would swear it was a twin to mine. I am very interested in the finish your doing. Pics please....
Thanks for the compliment willyk. I think this one will be even better. What's going in it for pickups?

-TT-

It's going to look even more like yours when I put it together. Except for the neck which will be maple/rosewood and the bridge, vintage trem, they could be sisters. I'm putting a black pickguard on it. Pickups will be a Rio Grande. MG/HB/TB set. The neck's a VM with 1 11/16" graphite nut and boat back so it's going to be a bit of a blues brute.
I did the grain fill earlier today so I will post some pics when it's dry and ready to oil. BTW that was no idle compliment mate, I meant every word. That strat of yours is bloody unreal! :guitaristgif:

-CB- said:
Nice!~  Korina has its own thing goin on.... a good thing too!~  Its TOTALLY COOTIE FREE! Most EXCELLENT!~~

pardon my foreign upbringing, what are COOTIES? :icon_scratch:

cooties are like germs....you know when your buddy wants a bite of the cup cake you are eating and he slobbers all over it and then you just give him the rest cause you dont want cooties.

Brian

willyk said:
jackthehack said:

Sand/seal then grainfill, I am going to use a light filler with a brown stain as a thinning/coloring agent. (Feast-Watson Jarrah for all you Aussies !!) Then it's Tung oil all the way. I want to see how different it ends up than my hybrid telemaster which I didn't seal or fill and finished in Danish oil and Carnauba wax. I've got a lefty L5S coming which is Black Korina with a Koa top so I'm experimenting a bit with this one. If it turns out anywhere near as nice as TT's strat I'll be stoked. Top routing is the only way to go for a strat IMHO Jack, to each his own eh? but I'm hanging out for this L5S (rear routed of course) and that will have nothing hidden... cheers  Willy

I agree. Top routing all the way for strats. What colour is your pickguard. Personally I'd like to see White on there but I know I'm in the minority on white pickguard/Korina body.

Awsome body. Had I noticed it in the showcase I'd of tryed to buy it myself. I'm gonna keep looking so I can take all the hardware neck off my Jap strat and put it on a Korina body.

[/quote]

I agree. Top routing all the way for strats. What colour is your pickguard. Personally I'd like to see White on there but I know I'm in the minority on white pickguard/Korina body.

Awsome body. Had I noticed it in the showcase I'd of tryed to buy it myself. I'm gonna keep looking so I can take all the hardware neck off my Jap strat and put it on a Korina body.
[/quote]

I usually don't like black pickguards on strats and I damn near went with mint. But I saw TTs and just wigged out, that thing is sooooooooo pretty and that was that. I will do a strat with a mint pickguard one day. A lefty so I can keep it

Back