Black Burst Soloist

exaN

Hey guys, I finally got my Warmoth back from the tech! It's my 2nd Warmoth build and couldn't be happier with it. And again, thank you guys especially for being so helpful as always :eek:ccasion14: . It sounds and plays like the most expensive guitar you've ever played, as expected from Warmoth. Specs:

Neck:
-Dark indian rosewood on roasted maple (no finish)
-Modern construction
-Compound radius
-Standard thin
-Graph Tech nut
-Schaller locking tuners
-22 SS6150 frets
-Lume side dots

Body:
-Alder on alder
-Black to clear finish / black back (satin)
-Ivoroid binding
-DiMarzio Air Classics bridge and neck, DiMarzio Area 67 middle
-Volume + tone
-Schaller Floyd Rose

imeOEoI.jpg

AnCIIYh.jpg

stratamania said:
Very good.

Do you plan to get a black cover for the middle pickup or no ?

Thanks! I think I'll leave it as cream but I'm still not sure. I'm probably going to flip the humbuckers so the cream coil is on the outsides though.

Very classy. Looks like a million bucks!
I kinda like the cream single coil. I think it makes the colors of the pickups follow the color scheme on the body: black to clear/(cream).

Thanks guys :).

Here's super quick sound test using 2 stock Guitar Rig 5 presets https://soundcloud.com/amisson/test/s-gPwUR. I do about 1/3 bridge, 1/3 neck, 1/3 middle pickup.

Oh and I've decided to not be a special little snowflake and go with 2 chrome knobs instead of 1 chrome/1 black :doh:

S2CJ1fj.jpg

That sounds great. I like all sounds, but am especially fond of the middle pickup. Nice.

Logrinn said:
That sounds great. I like all sounds, but am especially fond of the middle pickup. Nice.

Yeah that middle coil sounds surprisingly huge, I'm having a lot of fun with it!

I've begun to like Floyd without locking nut myself, good idea :)

(I was completely against it before I tried... Still prefer locking nut for pure stability sake, but locking tuners works well and I like being able to tune at both ends of the strings without having to fiddle with the lockingpads)

Back