BKP Mules

Kublai

Anyone tried them? If so, how do they compare to Gibson 57's?
Also, I read great reviews about Rio Texas/BBQ set. How do they compare to the Gibsons?

I have a mule in the neck position on my LP.  Has a very warm classic sound.  Cleans up really nice with the volume rolled back for a crystal clear tone that is very fluid.

Kublai said:
Also, I read great reviews about Rio Texas/BBQ set. How do they compare to the Gibsons?

oeh, thats an easy one. the mules have more growl, more definition, more 'music' more feel, more vibe, more mojo. same amounts of mid bass and treble, same amount of output, but just better.

the rio grande bbw/tx set is warmer than the mules or the classic '57, but also with more grind, more grit, more tightness. i'd almost say, they're hot pafs, the bbq at least, with more tightness. with a 500k pot, or even a 1000k pot, you should get a very nice, crunchy sound, but not really, extremely warm or mushy. with the 500k, they're warm, but I wanna try them with 1000k, just to see if that would make them a bit more bright, which I dont mind in this guitar. in a strat, I would use 500k, 300k or even 250k.

Kublai said:

they both sound better than Gibson 57's.

Thanks guys. I love my 57's. Looks like I will be ordering some Mules shortly. I just have to decide if they go into one of my guitars or if I should build another.

Back