BK Strat

OzziePete said:
With a wenge/ebony neck/fingerboard combo, and the korina body, I'm surprised you haven't had to retrofit one of those Jaguar Bridge Mutes to shut the darned thing up!

The treble tones on that must really sing. Good work getting it together. :eek:ccasion14:

You'd be surprised.  The korina and wenge are very warm and mahogany-like, with added upper mids.  There is no squeal.  In fact, I turn the presence up a bit when I plug this guitar in.  True, the trebles sing beautifully, but what I love the most is the howly, growly mids!

FWIW, I took it in last week for a definitive setup and fret dressing and picked it up today.  All I can say is WOW.  This thing plays like a dream.  So much better than when I did my simple lame setup myself.  Killer action and tone. 

DocNrock said:
FWIW, I took it in last week for a definitive setup and fret dressing and picked it up today.  All I can say is WOW.  This thing plays like a dream.  So much better than when I did my simple lame setup myself.  Killer action and tone. 
:icon_thumright:, professional set up is usually best....I can get mine close, but without an oscilloscope it's hard to get really accurate...

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
:icon_thumright:, professional set up is usually best....I can get mine close, but without an oscilloscope it's hard to get really accurate...

It will soon be getting an LSR roller nut and a Wilkie trem bridge.  :laughing7:

Back