Birdseye - Ziricote Pbass neck

willyk

My Birdseye/Ziricote bass neck just got delivered. It's the first time I have ever seen a ziricote board in the flesh. Can't wait to get started

Attachments

• j1.JPG
    j1.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 450
  • j2.JPG
    j2.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 418
  • j3.JPG
    j3.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 423
"Striking figure" is the first phrase that came to mind.

That's gorgeous.

That is real purty, I keep looking at this Tele in the showcase that has a ziricote top and thinking someday....

guitlouie said:
That is real purty, I keep looking at this Tele in the showcase that has a ziricote top and thinking someday....

The only thing keeping me from either of the stunning ziricote topped Teles currently in the Showcase is that both of them hit the scales at 5/11. While that's my favorite size for a brunette, it's a tad brutal for a guitar body for my tastes.

RLW said:
guitlouie said:

The only thing keeping me from either of the stunning ziricote topped Teles currently in the Showcase is that both of them hit the scales at 5/11. While that's my favorite size for a brunette, it's a tad brutal for a guitar body for my tastes.

Don't be such a sook! get a wider strap and indulge yourself.. A brutal brunette !!  OOOOHH MMYYYY !!!!............ :evil4:

jackthehack said:
I can't believe they keep wasting all this fine exotic wood on bass necks...

lies and the lying lier who tells them.
your just jealous because bass players just have to show up play and get paid, where as you my friend have to be the show, i think thats why bassist live longer.
longer life means more paychecks, cheaper women, and nicer fretboards.

i win

This post should be in the finishing section but I've got enough threads going. Here's the flipside showing the birdseye. It's got a coat of satin poly with a few drops of  Feast-Watson Jarrah stain added to give it an amber tint..

Attachments

• j4.JPG
    j4.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 365
  • j5.JPG
    j5.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 369
Man, I thought that thing looked good from the front....damn!  That one has got it all.

Back