Birdseye soloist and rosewood neck

djf67

Just pulled the plug on this body and neck...

soloist_BEM_RWstrat_order.jpg

...just as sterling sank to a 20 year low against the dollar  :doh:

I've found somewhere selling nitro in various tints; leaning towards amber at the mo but will see.
Hardware? Favouring black having done a chrome mock up. Wilko trem. Bareknuckle Mississippi Queens. Two speedknobs and a toggle. May try to engineer a strat recessed jack into the edge - I don't like the cable sticking out the bottom corner. Anybody got experience of doing that?

I strongly suggest against the wilkinsin tremolo. the hipshot fits directly in the wilkie tremrout, but sounds and looks better.

Can't see the pics on the work, but the Birdseye maple Soloist body that had on showcase was awesome!

amber anything would be cool.  i'm a big fan of black hardware, and a big fan of Wilkinsons.  I like mine and I haven had a problem with them.  Just make sure you by a Gotoh, the cheap one's have an aluminum block instead of steel.

Orpheo said:
I strongly suggest against the wilkinsin tremolo. the hipshot fits directly in the wilkie tremrout, but sounds and looks better.

...also 2-3X the price.
I've had a Wilkinson on my other Warmoth for 6 years with no probs. I don't use the trem so don't have any trem arm issues, etc. This one is only having a trem because it's a showcase body but it was too purdy to resist.

Nonsense - it is indeed the showcase soloist  :blob7:

Very cool dj, that neck fits perfectly with that birdseye. Very cool indeed, I'd say go with a brown grain filler in the back and then just shoot it clear...Or maybe even just a true oil finish.....That would rock... :guitarplayer2:

And if you're interested I can do you a custom neck plate, check out my thread...
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2754.0

I think this might be black hardware or gold (like your Korina)!

It's awesome, can't get much better than it...

How about getting wood pickup surrounds to match the neck and the same for the knobs? Black hardware is always a winner!.

It's arrived!  :blob7: :hello2:
Body looks a lot less yellowy in the flesh but surprisingly quilted. Will post some pics when I get it home.
I'm currently thinking of going with a rosewood grainfiller for the ash back (to tie with the rosewood neck - thanks for the tip DR6) and an 'antique' tinted Danish oil finish, rather than nitro. The grain on the edges of the guitar really stands out already so hopefully will look groovy, kids.

More skin disease!

Looks good, man. Never used it, and don't know much about it, but would linseed oil help pop the figuring and grain?

Back