Birdseye soloist and rosewood neck

That's looking bad ass, love the way the back turned out to. I'd say most def go with the black pup rings, and if you like the satiny look and still want to do a laquer. You could use Deft clear satin, I used it on a mahogany neck and it turned out fantastic...

Progress...

assembled1.jpg

assembled2.jpg

assembled3.jpg

Max said:
Don't think I've ever seen a jack plate like that before.

That's exactly what I want to do with my upcoming V project!  Was it difficult, or did Warmoth perhaps prepare it for you?

Sweet birdseye by the way  :icon_thumright:

Xplorervoodoo said:
Max said:
Don't think I've ever seen a jack plate like that before.

That's exactly what I want to do with my upcoming V project!  Was it difficult, or did Warmoth perhaps prepare it for you?

Sweet birdseye by the way  :icon_thumright:

I think it should be considerably easier on a V because the sides are flat!
Warmoth had drilled a jack mount hole in the usual place. I'd ask them not to if I was going to do this again, because it's too far round the radius and would be easier on a flatter part of the side.
I drilled a 14mm hole behind theirs and used a Dremel with a grinding stone to ease the two together and open up the rear rout cavity to accommodate a socket with a jack in it.
Then it was just a case of strategic bending of the jack plate, but taking the ends backwards and the sides forward so it could slip into the sloped sides of the curved wooden aperture. Bit of a 3D spatial headache! On a V, all you'd have to do would be make a strat-jack shape hole in the edge. Piece of cake!

Yeah, I love the strat jack mod on a flying V... It makes so much more sense to have it there out of the way... and it looks good too!

Just about finished. Just need strap pins, string trees and rear cover screws drilling and fitting and some fine tuning of the bridge saddles.
And swap the horrid stainless steel strings. Whoever persuaded me to buy them was deluded.

The unfinished neck feels a bit wierd but it's cold here so maybe I need to work up more of a sweat.

whole.jpg

close-1.jpg

Update on this one.
connector on the 3-way broke (my fault) but the phat P90s not setting my world on fire so going to fit an EMG KK set I got cheap off ebay and need a home, with heavy guage strings for some drop-tune moshing.  :party07:

Back