Big Names Using Warmoth Guitars ?

dbw said:
»$¡r ¤ §¢hmøøþ¥« said:
Kirst Novaselic (pardon my spelling)  the bassist for Nirvana, had four ibanez eagle basses (j bass copy).
I read somewhere that he had his tech replace one of the necks with an all rosewood neck.
Does anyone know more about this, was the neck warmoth?

It's Krist, and he's not much of a bassist, quite honestly.  Still, he's a household name, so it'd be cool to add him to that list.

Hey Schmoop, your name just got a WHOLE lot harder to spell.  What gives?   :eek:

Mapleg4 said:
I agree. I cringe every time I see a picture of  guy with an ESP endorsment with an ESP or LTD Eclipse (an LP) that has tape over the toggle hole, most of the knobs removed and often tape over an the hole of the removed neck pickup as well.
Why can't they just build a guitar with just a bridge pickup and a knob or get an endorsement with someone who makes a guitar like that?

Or just disconnect the second pickup and leave it in there.  Sheesh!

I agree with you on the pickup thing.
But I think that Novoselic is a good bassplayer with some iconic basslines. There are a lot of bassplayers who started out learning "Come as you are".

"Hey »$¡r ¤ §¢hmøøþ¥«, your name just got a WHOLE lot harder to spell.  What gives?"

Alt codes.  :glasses9:

tape over the toggle hole, most of the knobs removed and often tape over an the hole of the removed neck pickup as well.

The duck-tape-strap-lock look was ever so punk and non-conformist too - vee haff very strict rules about how to non-conform, Jawohl! :evil4: Oooh - I'm a rebel...

Back