Big Names Using Warmoth Guitars ?

thepriebster

After seeing the post showing Kerry Livgren with his new Warmoth, I was wondering what other recording artists use Warmoth guitars?

Anyone?

Thanks!

Ihave a look at the old forum. there should be a list of Warmoth users somewhere.
There are a lot of them, and there are probably more that we will never know about since a lot of ordering is done by their guitar techs.

Regardless of techs ordering guitars for artists, I just never see pics of headstocks with either nothing written on them or with a Warmoth logo.

I'm fairly new to this Forum, so don't know anything about the old one. Link?

The highest profile player I'd heard of using a Warmoth (the only one who I own records by) was the guy from Weezer. He had an old blue Warmoth strat that he always played.

From all Warmoth players, he is by far my favorite: http://www.warmoth.com/worldclass/players.cfm?fuseaction=players_8

Soloshchenko said:
The highest profile player I'd heard of using a Warmoth (the only one who I own records by) was the guy from Weezer. He had an old blue Warmoth strat that he always played.

I think that there are a lot more and 'higher' profile players..

from the old board:
SRV
Eddie Van Halen
Michael Anthony
Richie Sambora
Joe Bonamassa
Adrian Belew
Prince
Manny Carlton - Nazareth
Eric Clapton
Billy Gibbons
Eric Johnson - Hollow Strat body
Jeff Cook - Alabama
Lee Greenwood
Jerry Jeff Walker
Kurt Hammit
Death Cab for Cutie
Paul Simon
Jack the Hack

I think Aerosmith was added to that recently as well.

m4rk0 said:
Soloshchenko said:

I think that there are a lot more and 'higher' profile players..

from the old board:
SRV
Eddie Van Halen
Michael Anthony
Richie Sambora
Joe Bonamassa
Adrian Belew
Prince
Manny Carlton - Nazareth
Eric Clapton
Billy Gibbons
Eric Johnson - Hollow Strat body
Jeff Cook - Alabama
Lee Greenwood
Jerry Jeff Walker
Kurt Hammit
Death Cab for Cutie
Paul Simon

I think Aerosmith was added to that recently as well.

Who is Kurt Hammit?

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I know Hammett has an old strat that he still uses very frequently, and I have heard that it has undergone many upgrades over the years, so that could be the one.

P.S. There was a band we used to play with a lot that had this awesome instrumental song called "There is no Kurt Hammet".  It is most definetly Kirk.

Jeff Loomis from Nevermore is another high profile Warmoth guy. He got a signature Schecter guitar recently and it looks like a 7 string version of his Warmoth guitar with different inlays.

guitlouie said:
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I know Hammett has an old strat that he still uses very frequently, and I have heard that it has undergone many upgrades over the years, so that could be the one.

P.S. There was a band we used to play with a lot that had this awesome instrumental song called "There is no Kurt Hammet".  It is most definetly Kirk.

Wonder if it sometimes had an Headstock with a ESP logo and was used in the "The Unforgiven" and "One" videos.

He used it before Metallica even DID videos.  Watch the Cliff-M-All DVD, he used that a Black Gibson V and a Black Jackson Rhodes V.  I'm not 100% if it's a Warmoth or not, but it probably was not made by Fernandes. 

couldn't find anything with a google search,
but he sure uses more fenders in the studio than I expected:

http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/kirk_hammetts_equipment.htm

Back