best Raw neck woods for Neon Pink bodies?

AGWAN

I'd still really like to try a Raw neck when I do a Warmoth. but I also really want me some of that Neon pink.

what do you guys think would be a good aesthetic match for a Neon pink Iceman/Warmoth, Jazzmaster/CBS or Tele/Tele?

Canary
PS5685C.jpg

+
sn8434A.jpg

Wenge might look cool also??

JESUS CHRIST ON A STICK WITH BLUNT NAILS HAMMERED ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purpleheart would be """good""" I guess, perhaps Bloodwood... Think Purple would have more contrast (is that possible?)

why not order the neck & body at the same time and have the entire neck finished in neon pink?

yeah, it wouldn't be raw, but holy crap would it be eyemelting.

SolomonHelsing said:
personally IMO an all purpleheart or bloodwood neck, , or canary if you want contrast

I can't picture Purpleheart or Bloodwood working. The colors would clash. You need something contrasted, like dark Rosewood. Canary works.

AutoBat said:
why not order the neck & body at the same time and have the entire neck finished in neon pink?

yeah, it wouldn't be raw, but holy crap would it be eyemelting.

Yeah, if I do that its either body matched, or maybe Neon Purple on the neck with a Jet Black ebony fretboard.

so far canary/canary and ebony/wenge seem the most tantalizing.

I would nix the wenge because of the Orange it has. Definitely rosewood or ebony. Also green pickups BTW.

If it's raw, I like Purpleheart/Ebony the best.

A bass neck (many more raw necks there at the moment), but:

BN3151A.jpg

BN3151B.jpg

PS5685C.jpg

An all Rosewood or Ebony neck ain't exactly on the cheap.  And like the Wenge idea that was nixxed because of of orange streaks (that I've never seen), Rosewood and Ebony (the non-Jet Black variety) can have have orange and brown streaks too. 

I know you were wanting to go exotic, but how about a Maple or Mahogany neck with the back and headstock paint matched to the body with an exotic fretboard.  And if ordering the body already finished from the showcase, they are hesitant to match a neck after the fact, get a neon purple painted neck.  Sure it's weird, but......

I never said anything about Ordering from the showcase. I don't think I'd ever.

My Warmoth wish list is all stuff that has to be made to order. for a hot pink Iceman or tele I think I like Canary, it feels like a fancy version of Maple.

Agwan, I did qualify it with if.

Pablo, the orange doesn't show up in the showcase or on the one in my house either.  It is dark drown with lighter brown and gray streaking.  With use, it darkens up everywhere.

Ummm...ok. Good for you guys I guess. It was just my two cents. I actually speak from experience. I don't like to chime in with speculation. I have been digging through quite a few pieces from several different yards looking for 4/4 and 8/4 and it can vary quite a bit. Especially when used on a body. But again thanks for your input. I hope Agwan builds one of these things soon. I love his concepts.

Back