Best looking Gibson V I've seen in a looooong time.

Death by Uberschall

Master Member
000_0001_zps9eeeb518.jpg

000_0003_zps5e34263e.jpg

:headbang1:

Someone at the Gibby custom shop put on their big-boy pants when then came to work that day.  Dayum.

Either that, or it's fake.  Not unheard of, but why give the Big G the credit, unless you're out to defraud someone?

I generally go for conservative looks and radical sound, but I've been feeling strangely Vee-bish since I figured out that it would be EASY to make one with a 24-fret, 24.75" scale Warhead neck. The bridge is 0.75" closer to the pocket, so get a middle PU rout, mount yer own bridge - cakewalk!

It is indeed pretty, but its beauty is orthogonal to its Vee-ness. I've seen guitars just as beautiful here that actually balance!

Yeah, that's me. They could make it out of perfect tits and I still wouldn't have one. It's a goofy body shape, and that's all there is to it.

Cagey said:
Yeah, that's me. They could make it out of perfect tits and I still wouldn't have one. It's a goofy body shape, and that's all there is to it.
Agreed. I prefer the more traditional shapes, but I can appreciate a looker when I see it.

And we all know there's a shortage of those in this world. 'twould be a pity to waste  them on guitars that want to pretend they're rocket ships.

I don't know if I'd ever use a Floyd for anything but ballast; they've been superseded by Mr. Wilkinson's design in concert with locking tuners and a good nut. But, getting rid of at least 2 knobs is a great idea. I'll never understand the desire to have 8,319 knobs and switches on a guitar.

A: Electric guitars are great;
B: Electric guitars have knobs;

C: Knobs are great!

Elementary, my dear Watson... it's pure applied logic!

Incidentally, at some tribute concert they handed Phil Lesh his 1970's knoberserko Alembic, and he didn't have any idea of what all those knobs did anymore. :toothy12:

Knobs?  Put that guitar down and get a vintage Moog synthesizer!
moog_iiic.jpg

But seriously, Moog synths are amazing.

Back