Best Guitar Ever!!

Mor Paul

Senior member
Messages
7,238
So, what are your opinions on the coolest guitars on this board?
Put up to your top 2.

1.
cbtele5.jpg

I don't know why, but this is the best looking guitar I have ever seen. The first guitar with a bare wood top that I actually liked. (I've changed my tastes now)

2.
front.jpg

Also a great looking guitar. Clean looking. The korina is wonderful-looking.
 
R

RLW

Guest
My personal favorite

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2669.0
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,451
That is a beatiful to on that tele, to bad they loose points for covering it up with the pickguard......So I give it a 8.5...

RLW said:
My personal favorite

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2669.0
Jacks L5S is a beatiful guitar too, love the wood combo on it, but I ain't into rockabilly guitars.......

I'd have to say the top on Doc's is petty amazing, more so than the other two.... :glasses9:
 

Mor Paul

Senior member
Messages
7,238
I don't take points off for pickguards. I think they can be used for the design, and can be practical, too.

The tele is actually rear-routed, I think. He liked the look better with a pickguard.
 

dbw

Senior member
Messages
4,531
Thanks for starting this thread, Max.  Seeing these two guitars together made me realize all the things they have in common that I love (dark exotic tops, f-holes, vintage pearl pickguards, gold hardware):

1. marko's korina/rosewood Thinline
July212008019.jpg


2. willyk's ash/bubinga Strat
index.php
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,451
Max said:
I don't take points off for pickguards. I think they can be used for the design, and can be practical, too.

The tele is actually rear-routed, I think. He liked the look better with a pickguard.
I just ain't into pickguards as far as tele's go, except for the deluxe, I do like that one. But however I wouldn't cover up a nice exotic piece of wood with it. unless there was some malformation in the wood. But that's just me, lots of people love 'em.. :dontknow:
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,451
dbw said:
Thanks for starting this thread, Max.  Seeing these two guitars together made me realize all the things they have in common that I love (dark exotic tops, f-holes, vintage pearl pickguards, gold hardware):

1. marko's korina/rosewood Thinline
July212008019.jpg


2. willyk's ash/bubinga Strat
index.php
Those are both very spectacular dbw, I like the no fret markers on the tele neck...
 

m4rk0

Senior member
Messages
5,383
ahh thanks DBW :)

this is a really tough question though... I have my favorites per model/shape ... so many cool Thinlines around here! !

I can think of just one favorite right now...Troubled Trebles Korina/Ziricote Strat! the backside is as sexy as the front (like the way it should be with a woman ;))
KorinaFP3b.jpg

KorinaFP2a.jpg


I need to think about my #2 for a bit longer :icon_scratch:
 
G

guitlouie

Guest
Yes, this was very difficult.  And Damn you Marko for beating me to the punch on TT's black Korina Strat.  That was the first guitar that I had ever really seen with that wood, and it definitely inspired me to get my own.  He also gets points for making his own pickups in that thing!  I won't repost the pic, since it's right above me there.  My other favorite is the Ziricote-topped "Stubblecaster".  This guy did not seem to stick around here long, but wow, that top is just awesome!  I've been looking in the showcase for a ziricote topped Tele ever since, unfortunately the only ones that have been up there since I've been looking weighed a metric ton. Anyway, one day I'll do it!  Here is the pic....

stubblecaster001.jpg
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,451
Marko said:
ahh thanks DBW :)

this is a really tough question though... I have my favorites per model/shape ... so many cool Thinlines around here! !

I can think of just one favorite right now...Troubled Trebles Korina/Ziricote Strat! the backside is as sexy as the front (like the way it should be with a woman ;))
KorinaFP3b.jpg

KorinaFP2a.jpg


I need to think about my #2 for a bit longer :icon_scratch:
Man, I must agree with you there Marko. Troubled Trebles has one damn sexy strat...The Ziricote neck with that black korina is simply marvilous....I'm in awe.... :kewlpics:
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,451
guitlouie said:
Yes, this was very difficult.  And Damn you Marko for beating me to the punch on TT's black Korina Strat.  That was the first guitar that I had ever really seen with that wood, and it definitely inspired me to get my own.  He also gets points for making his own pickups in that thing!  I won't repost the pic, since it's right above me there.  My other favorite is the Ziricote-topped "Stubblecaster".  This guy did not seem to stick around here long, but wow, that top is just awesome!  I've been looking in the showcase for a ziricote topped Tele ever since, unfortunately the only ones that have been up there since I've been looking weighed a metric ton. Anyway, one day I'll do it!  Here is the pic....

stubblecaster001.jpg
WOW.. :eek: what a tele.....I'm liking Ziricote more and more....Hey guitlouie you could always do a "Unique" lam top Ziricote, and have it in a hollow Tele. That would shave some of the tonnage off...... :icon_biggrin:
 

m4rk0

Senior member
Messages
5,383
Still Can't decide on my #2 :(
it is still between the following:
- tfarny's walnut thinline
- Superbeast's Strat
- Jack's SG/Tele hybrid
- Jack's Spalted Maple top/Canary Neck Strat
- Gregg's Korina strat with warhead (7/8th size)
- Willy's f-hole bubenga top strat
crap there are so many great guitars on here..
I also thought I liked CB's Mudwog Weap Tele, but he removed the pictures  :sad: PLEASE REPOST!!  :icon_tongue:
 

Micahbell

Senior member
Messages
245
Then it will go to BritishBluesBoy's rosewood tele (this would be first above my bass anyway tho, honestly)
2.jpg


My second favourite would be RomanS's rosewood top thinline (found at http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2382.0), but I think it is lame to have two rosewood teles.

Then I would have my own bass, but I figure that is cheating. (check it out here http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=1358.0)

So, here is third best for second place. Markos swamp ash strat with a wenge neck. Wenge is my favourite neck and an ash body with a natural finish is almost as good as sex for me. Honestly, it does look a little weird to me, but I don't care. I would totally do the exact same thing (except with hard ash). Good work.
[img[http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/m4rk0_0/JJ22-06-08034.jpg[/img]

 

stubhead

Senior member
Messages
4,669
2669243467_b25af40db4.jpg


2669247365_e033c2044a.jpg


This is willyk's "Rusty". I'm kind of mixed, actually - this guitar is upside down so it's useless to me, and I even though I love pau ferro I think this particular guitar would look better "blended"  with a straight non-birdeye maple neck with an ebony board. But damn, that depth... I'm fond of balance and simplicity, so ognolman's G5 is way up there:

1.jpg


I wouldn't personally want a guitar that's too pwecious to play, which rules out a lot of the caterpillarbursts unless you're talking "Best Guitar Ever" in the sense of someone else's wallcandy - let them get laughed out of the jam session... :toothy12: If was going to vote for sheer over-the-toppedness it'd probably go to sixbender's Goldenboy:

7.jpg


6.jpg
 

NonsenseTele

Senior member
Messages
8,256
Not sure, but #1 would be TT's Strat... second I would say WillyK TeeJays or Ted's SG:

index.php

vedran_kosoric_full.jpg


And just to let all know, some guys are removing their guitars from the forum, HAN MR RLW??? 
icon_evil.gif
 

Mor Paul

Senior member
Messages
7,238
Micahbell:
My favorite rosewood tele is definitely the satin tele.
index.php


MF's Gold top inspired me (my first pm was asking him about the finish :p )

Rusty is a great looking guitar, too.

CB's walnut tele
Doc's Korina strat
Jack's ls5
Marko's korina/rosewood thinline
Willyk's ash/bubinga strat
TT's Korina/Zircote Strat (4)
Stubblecaster
Chuck7's Fireburst LP
MFTech's gold top
Britishbluesboy's rosewood tele
RomanS's rosewood thinline
Willyk's Rusty
Ognolman's G5
Willyk's tele/jazzmaster
Ted's SG

Look's like TT has a pretty popular strat..


Oh, and someone asked for pics of CB's Mudwogweap tele?

I think I've got a small one somewhere..

Nope.
Just this:
cbtele.jpg
 
Top