Bengel Burst LP with Flame Maple Board and Neck

Hello All,

Its finally done! LP body from the showcase, solid flame maple bengel burst with solid mahogany back. Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom Bridge. RS Guitarworks pots and caps. Planet Waves tuners, gold hardware. Warmoth Pro 25.5 scale AA Flame maple board and neck with pearloid binding and trapezoid inlays. Plays awesome. The power of a Les Paul with the snap of the longer scale, maple neck, and bolt on. The perfect balance of tone that I have been looking for. I have another one on the way bought second hand that is stunning. I will post those pics soon also. Here are the pics: :guitarplayer2:

011-Copy.jpg

012-Copy.jpg

013-Copy.jpg

014-Copy.jpg

015-Copy.jpg

016-Copy.jpg

017-Copy.jpg

018-Copy.jpg

021-Copy.jpg

020-Copy.jpg

019-Copy.jpg

The truss rod cover has your name on it? Did you buy a blank and get it engraved locally - or is there some place that does custom orders for the covers?

OzziePete said:
The truss rod cover has your name on it? Did you buy a blank and get it engraved locally - or is there some place that does custom orders for the covers?

The name on the truss rod cover is from the movie The Natural. A classic baseball movie about an ageing ballplayer who is the man. Roy Hobbs was the natural...much like a maple neck...hence the name "Roy Hobbs" I got the cover off of eBay. Not sure if they have those auctions anymore as I bought it about a year ago. You could put any name on there you wanted.

I was wondering if that was where you pulled the name or if you just happened to have that name yourself.  I think I would have called it Wonderboy though if I were going that route.

Back