Bengal Burst V2

DocNrock

Master Member
I've always loved the Randy Rhodes V guitars.  I have one of them, Jackson-style (Jackson RR3).  I was always hoping to make one that expressed all that Warmoth could offer.

This build was conceptualized initally last year, but took some time to finalize.  I wanted all of the colors and contours to be wood-grain based, as Warmoth does that so well.  So, after ordering this about two months ago, it shipped today.

The body:  The body is a swamp ash V2 with a quilt maple top.  The top is finished in bengal burst.  The back in trans yellow.  There will be one bridge pickup, one control, and a Floyd route.

The neck:  The neck is a reverse Jackson-style headstock.  The neck itself is made from padouk and the fingerboard an Ultimate Choice canary, which was yellow with red grain streakings.  I had the headstock finished with a quilt laminate also finished in a bengal burst pattern.  I wanted to keep the padouk neck reddish, not the oxidized brown that is advertised to occur.  Therefore (sacrelig to some) I had the neck satin coated.  The neck also features black binding and black sharktooth inlays. 

Also, this is a 24 3/4 inch conversion neck, with a true 24 fret outlay, so this is not a 3 fret overhang. 

Looking forward to the arrival in a few days.   :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Oh man, I can't WAIT to see this...

If it wasn't for the reverse headstock, I'd probably think this is the best guitar anyone has ever made....  ever.  :laughing7:

Should be extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemly bitchi'........ :headbang:

Did you get a lam on the headstock or just leave it be? :icon_scratch:

I saw your neck and body. Everybody at Warmoth did. It's going to knock you out Doc. Congrats in advance!

Rock on and prepare now your camera, charge TWO batteries... I will accept NO EXCUSE this time :laughing7:

I've been putting some shop pictures up on the Warmoth Facebook page.  Recognize something?

3010_109660918288_89032733288_2557144_2021249_n.jpg

Gregg said:
I saw your neck and body. Everybody at Warmoth did. It's going to knock you out Doc. Congrats in advance!

:icon_thumright:

Looks like Friday is delivery day.  :icon_biggrin:

I thought they said they couldn't do a Bengal Burst on the V2?  Glad they changed their mind.  That should look nothing short of spectacular.

You know the drill... Pics. Now. Or we'll have to perform a guitarectomy on your workbench.

Back