Behold Bluejean

Had a chance to really run it through it's paces last night...... Mesa Roadster 1/2 stack and Ampeg jet combo ... it's a winner!

Overall tone was very even and balanced. lots of punch, very focused sound... no hiding any mistakes here ... time for some more woodshedding.... ha ha ha

Vintage Tallboy Twangbucker is well worth the price of admission... split it had all the tele spank and twang you could want in spades... in bucker mode blues to blistering with ease... in combo with the Hollow Hard ash the bottom was tight and not flubby with higher gain (recto levels).

Muy Grande tele neck.... a monster.... almost like a P-90 when set tall in the body... I needed to lower it considerably to get it back into Tele territory... huge warm sounds.... the middle pickup is a Duncan SSL2.... works fine for the 2 & 4 Straty tones.

There is still some setup work to be done, some minor fretwork (minor leveling and dressing), strobe intonating, need to either get shorter grub screws for the bridge or grind them down to keep the bridge from turning into a meat grinder...and as much as I wanted to avoid it It needs a string tree for the B & E.

All in all it went together wonderfuly... followed all the tips and tricks and ran into no issues. This is definately a player and keeper!

The finish is a non-standard / custom dye it is not the regular blue dye.

RobR said:
The finish is a non-standard / custom dye it is not the regular blue dye.

The finish reminds me of an Anderson finish. The binding and the different back color add class to the guitar, if it was blue all over it would be boring.

Where did you find the bridge with the slanted hb?

Kostas said:
The finish reminds me of an Anderson finish. The binding and the different back color add class to the guitar, if it was blue all over it would be boring.

Where did you find the bridge with the slanted hb?

The Bridge is sold with the pickup.... and  a nice bridge it is.... Well worth the price....

http://www.warmoth.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_73_120&products_id=26966

Absolutely gorgeous tele there Rob, and the name "Blue Jean" is a perfect fit for her....Well done.. :icon_thumright:

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
I've touched it, & rubbed it, & it definitely has MOJO!!!

:headbang1:

and now it needs disinfecting.. ha ha ha

out of my hands for some fret dressing.... the wait is worse than when the body and neck were being constructed... sigh...

I'm not sure you can say "I got my mojo working" when you're working it by yourself.... which hand did you touch it with? :icon_tongue:

Better representation of the color.....

teleb2-1.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
Absolutely gorgeous tele there Rob, and the name "Blue Jean" is a perfect fit for her....Well done.. :icon_thumright:

Agreed the name is perfect.  Probably very comfortable, just like an old pair of jeans.

There's just something about those Teles with dyed blue maple tops and binding that looks awesome.  No doubt ya'll have seen these gallery Teles.  However, Blue Jean is my favorite.
BlueTele01.jpg

BlueTele02.jpg

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
There's just something about those Teles with dyed blue maple tops and binding that looks awesome.  No doubt ya'll have seen these gallery Teles.  However, Blue Jean is my favorite.

Dang! those yours????

.... and thanks.... The bluejean finish can be had for $250 (just the custom dye color not including the binding prep).... if that is of some interest....

Fretwork complete ..... check

nut slots made correct for .011's.... check

Couple weeks running it through it's paces.... check

moving to the #1 slot in my stable..... check

I'm not a tele man at all, but that looks really great!  I love the color and the clear back.  very classy.

shanejw said:
I'm not a tele man at all, but that looks really great!  I love the color and the clear back.  very classy.

Thanks!

I wasn't a Tele guy either.... played strats for many many years... hated teles.... broke a string at a gig and borrowed a friends tele on the spot.... now the strats are keeping the casses warm... went through 5 or 6 teles in the last 6-7 years and this one is a combination of all things I liked about the other ones... for me it's just about perfect... just needs some more play time to get it truly broken in....

You guys see this one?
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?itemNumber=PT1148&type=guitar

Back