Because I need a hair cut....

nathan a

...how do you all tend to your manes? Self-clipped? Any salon fellows?

My sister usually cuts my hair when I ask her, unless I need a big haircut, in which case I go to supercuts. I haven't been to barbers for probably six or seven years because last time I went, they scalped me.

Yes, very off topic

The last few years I've trimmed it down to 2mm whenever I got fed up, but this time I got a proper haircut from a professional person. It looks good, but when summer is here the trimmer will make another appearance. Trimmers (no idea if this is the proper term in english btw) save some money as well since you only have to buy them once.

kboman said:
The last few years I've trimmed it down to 2mm whenever I got fed up, but this time I got a proper haircut from a professional person. It looks good, but when summer is here the trimmer will make another appearance. Trimmers (no idea if this is the proper term in english btw) save some money as well since you only have to buy them once.

+1 I do the same. Trimmers.. Clippers.. it's all good.

Haven't had a hair cut in over a year... I'm quite the hippie now, but you'll never see me marching in protest in San Fran LOL

Otherwise it's Cost Cutters.

I go to a salon... but I'm a girl, so I'm guessing the same rules don't apply. 

You could try a Flowbee!

I just realised - my profile picture does *not* reflect my current pro haircut!  :icon_biggrin:

A family friend is a hairdresser. She comes by every week or so to do whatever it is they do to my mother-in-law's hair, and every four to six weeks I have her run a trimmer across what's left of my hair. Always puts the wife in a dark mood because she's still in the hippy mindset... Growin, flowin, long as I keep growin my hair...

heh, my mom actually is a hairdresser, so I get all my haircuts for free from her  :icon_biggrin:

Family Friend..........She's a professional stylist.
See below for before and after.

I wish someone I know could cut my hair, couldn't find a barber who cut it like I want... i'm sure if I start going to fancy barbers I'll get what I want, but won't pay US$50 for a hair cut...

Dude, I won't even pay that much for a hair cut.  Not when I could use that cash for guitar stuff.

I avoid haircuts when I can. I go to a different place every time, but I avoid a sports barber that gave me a dumb and dumber haircut. The same incident is why my dad isn't allowed to take me for cuts anymore.

Lookin good Jim.

My last haircut was shaving my head... I had about a foot of hair at that point.  My fro is now growing again and will soon be overwhelmed by the forces of gravity, ceasing to be a fro and just becoming long hair.

I can't stand to have other people cut my hair. They just always take way too long, and it irritates me to no end. So I stand in front of the mirror with a pair of clippers. Usually it comes out pretty okay. One time I accidentally shaved a huge portion off and ended up having to buzz my whole head...but other than that, it's a system that works.

Last time I paid for a haircut was the day before my wedding in 2006. Before that...probably 2001 or 2002.

I dont like having others cut my hair simply because they always misunderstand something I am asking for. I usually bring pictures of myself with the haircut i want, and somehow I never get it. Very frustrating. No hair seems to be the way to go. But alas..

I just pay the 13 bucks for a haircut every couple of months. One time I had my head shaved for cancer research, all the Alzheimer's patients I work with thought I was Death....  :rock-on:

UTSC said:
I just pay the 13 bucks for a haircut every couple of months. One time I had my head shaved for cancer research, all the Alzheimer's patients I work with thought I was Death....  :rock-on:

That's hilarious! And a bit sad  :tard:

Back