Beauty that can never be.

line6man

Epic Member
Max photoshopped my first Warmoth neck (with black dot inlays and black fretlines) to look unlined.

I really wish that neck was unlined now. :sad:
So sad that it doesn't actually exist. :sad:

Real:
2699292261_67db1a8529.jpg

Wild fantasy:
3767433534_df4f08ae56.jpg

bpmorton777 said:
isnt it easyer to play with the lines and dots on the front :dontknow:

Brian

My main Warmoth bass is unlined, so although it is easier to play with lines, it really doesn't matter to me either way.
I have come to prefer unlined though because it ultimately makes you a better player, and it looks nice.

That's pretty good but I can still see some of lines in the photochopped one... :toothy11:

DangerousR6 said:
That's pretty good but I can still see some of lines in the photochopped one... :toothy11:

Well, you know Max and his crappy photoshop work... :icon_jokercolor:
Looks fine to me.

DangerousR6 said:
I can tell it's been photoshopped :p

It was a quick job, and for the speed, I'm happy enough with it.
I've been busy making a website. I think you guys will get a preview of it, and test run it for me :p

Yeah..its kind of like those lines on the road. They are there for a reason.To keep us from going into the other lane ! :laughing3:
But you can get the fretbaord without dots i think, just with dot markers on top of the board, but noway I'd want a board without lines.Unless your talking fret;less, which is stupid for guitars, but okay for bass.

jerryjg said:
Yeah..its kind of like those lines on the road. They are there for a reason.To keep us from going into the other lane ! :laughing3:
But you can get the fretbaord without dots i think, just with dot markers on top of the board, but noway I'd want a board without lines.Unless your talking fret;less, which is stupid for guitars, but okay for bass.

I'm going to say the same thing i told my luthier when he said he liked the lined version better...

All you fretted plays gotta have your training wheel lines to play in tune. :icon_jokercolor: :icon_biggrin:

jerryjg said:
Unless your talking fret;less, which is stupid for guitars, but okay for bass.

Not stupid at all. I plan to do a fretless Strat if i ever get the money for it.
Lookup some YouTube videos of Ned Evett and Erkan Ogur (spelling?)

DangerousR6 said:
Before and after...
Nice 'shop!

But... you missed a spot. Look straight under the bottom-left corner of the flag.

Always easier to add than remove, huh, Doug?

line6man said:
jerryjg said:

I'm going to say the same thing i told my luthier when he said he liked the lined version better...

All you fretted plays gotta have your training wheel lines to play in tune. :icon_jokercolor: :icon_biggrin:

sure, its okay for you guys who go 20 in their grandmas corolla, and the same way on their guitars
When you rip it up going 90mph  through downtown( and on the fretboard) in a Ferrari, or a Warmoth Soloist,  then those pesky lines are an absloute necessity.Think Yngwie, Satriani, Vai..see them playing fretless..nO? , Thank you!

jerryjg said:
line6man said:
jerryjg said:

sure, its okay for you guys who go 20 in their grandmas corolla, and the same way on their guitars
When you rip it up going 90mph  through downtown( and on the fretboard) in a Ferrari, or a Warmoth Soloist,  then those pesky lines are an absloute necessity.Think Yngwie, Satriani, Vai..see them playing fretless..nO? , Thank you!

Yes you do! Sort of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8wyKuLY2k&feature=channel

You don't see fretless guitars used for extreme speed because the sound doesn't quite work.
You need a certain amount of time for the notes to "bloom" out. (at least on a bass)
If you're on a bass, you can pluck close to the bridge real hard to get a punchier sound, but ultimately it's not a speed metal device.

Ultimately, i don't think a true musician would let the difficulty of playing quickly hold them back.,
If you can't play it, practice until you can. Don't ever give up on your musical dreams because something is difficult.

line6man said:
jerryjg said:
line6man said:
jerryjg said:

Yes you do! Sort of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8wyKuLY2k&feature=channel

You don't see fretless guitars used for extreme speed because the sound doesn't quite work.
You need a certain amount of time for the notes to "bloom" out. (at least on a bass)
If you're on a bass, you can pluck close to the bridge real hard to get a punchier sound, but ultimately it's not a speed metal device.

Ultimately, i don't think a true musician would let the difficulty of playing quickly hold them back.,
If you can't play it, practice until you can. Don't ever give up on your musical dreams because something is difficult.

wow- no lie! on  a side note, I really dig Vai's tone. Its really clear and articulate for his style and not the overly compessed style I have heard from  him before, and also a lot from Joe Satriani.

Wow, that song SUCKS.  If you want to see you playing the fretless check 2:20.  The rest was a waste of time, smooth jazz with toneless spurts of shred.

dbw said:
Wow, that song SUCKS.  If you want to see you playing the fretless check 2:20.  The rest was a waste of time, smooth jazz with toneless spurts of shred.

I agree. Steve Vai has chops to burn, but he is a terrible musician.

Back