Battle of the Teles: Which One Would You Pick?

They all look nice.
I'd probably go by weight or price.
Then paint it BLACK!  :glasses10:

croquet hoop said:
If these are the actual tops you'd be getting, first or fourth.

These are all images of actual bodies in the showcase. The last time I checked, they were all still available except for the Spalted Maple (which I bought), and the Pau Ferro, which some lucky :evil4: purchased in the last few days.

I'd say Pau Ferro, but I'm biased:

joe-barden-two-tone.jpg

If you can't decide, buy them all and cut em up and glue them together!  :toothy12:

Some guy made a guitar out of hockeysticks this way, so it should probably become even better with actual guitars!
hqdefault.jpg

Great Ape said:
The one on the next page...
The one in the middle on the first page, or the third one from the left on the next page, but also the one on the left from the first page...

SlartiBartfast said:
That's a fine tele you've got there indeed. How do you like those Bardens?

Thanks Slarti...

Loving the Bardens too - powerful and punchy but not abrasive in any way as I thought may be the case with blades, whether humbucking, split or tapped. That and they look cool too! I'd recommend them!

Spalted Maple done in either a clear or tobacco burst.  With the lite colour of the one in the picture, I'd go with yjr burst.

frown said:
Thanks Slarti...

Loving the Bardens too - powerful and punchy but not abrasive in any way as I thought may be the case with blades, whether humbucking, split or tapped. That and they look cool too! I'd recommend them!

I actually snagged a set of the Modern Tele JBE pickups already. I've heard nothing but good things about them and can't wait to put them in my new Tele.

riverbluff said:
Spalted Maple done in either a clear or tobacco burst.  With the lite colour of the one in the picture, I'd go with yjr burst.

The spalted maple Tele on the far left is the one that I bought. It was a showcase item that already had a clear finish, so I didn't have much choice in the matter. Plus, my Strat and my J Bass both have tobacco burst finishes (which I love), so I'd probably want to change things up a little anyway.

Here's a closer look at the body, in case anyone is interested:

Screen shot 2014-11-20 at 10.30.59 PM

Going solely on looks, I'd go with the Macassar Ebony.  If the Tele fairy asked me which one I want, that would be the one.
If I have to consider other things like cost and weight, I'd probably go with the Pau Ferro.

That said, all of them are gorgeous.

Congrats on your purchase SlartiBartfast!

BlueTalon said:
Congrats on your purchase SlartiBartfast!

Thank you, good sir! It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I placed my order now, so I'm hoping that I'll get a shipping notification within the next two weeks!

SlartiBartfast said:
riverbluff said:

The spalted maple Tele on the far left is the one that I bought. It was a showcase item that already had a clear finish, so I didn't have much choice in the matter. Plus, my Strat and my J Bass both have tobacco burst finishes (which I love), so I'd probably want to change things up a little anyway.

Here's a closer look at the body, in case anyone is interested:

Screen shot 2014-11-20 at 10.30.59 PM

Great looking Tele

Back