Basslines Vs. EMG HZ

Shmoopie

What do you recommend

http://www.warmoth.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_99&products_id=27188

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMG-MM-HZ-Passive-4-String-Bass-Pickup?sku=308029

they have the same components and are both 4 conductors so i can wire them into o 5 way rotary.

what do you guys (bass players) think?

Out of the two I personally prefer EMG to SD. Remember that it's subjective opinion though.

Unsolicited advice: I'd look pretty hard at Nordstrand pickups were I you.

tfcreative said:
Unsolicited advice: I'd look pretty hard at Nordstrand pickups were I you.

no thanks, already looked, not a big fan of alnico, but the big singles look promising, i would put two side by side in the mm position and wire them to a five way rotary like i plan to do with the mm.

Shmoopie said:
tfcreative said:
If you're not into alnico, I'd lean again towards the EMG, which is more of a CS sound.

so is the SD. ceramic mags with ss poles,

If you'll refer to my first reply, I believe that my leaning towards the EMG is a foregone conclusion.

Is there a purpose in asking for opinions and then arguing with them? Just take the opinion for what it's worth; one person's subjective opinion.

naw ... the Schmoopster is just doggin' ya. I thinks he's a little lonely today and too broke to hang for long at the local Starbuck's ... so you're his play toy du jour

all the best,

R

SkuttleFunk said:
naw ... the Schmoopster is just doggin' ya. I thinks he's a little lonely today and too broke to hang for long at the local Starbuck's ... so you're his play toy du jour

SHHHHH!  don't tell them. no im not trying to argue, i just want to know what of two almost identical pickups to go with.
the only differens that i know of is that the emg is almost completely noiseless (and cheaper). i just thought that one of them might have a hidden advantage i didn't know about.
but any way thanks for the help, im not trying to be mean
ps i rather spend my money on parts or strings, and hang out at a music store, and i would never step foot in a starphucks.
Oh and apparently i come off sounding like a jerk 7 out of 10 times while asking for advice.
sorry. i must say i much rather get advise from this forum than any other, because you guys are all awesome and more like a family.

Cool, thanks for the explanation. It's always hard to tell when typing, because you don't get all the non-verbal cues.

Anyway, good luck with the build. Hopefully you get a little more input than my single subjective opinion.

thank you.

it just pisses me off, because every company has demos of there guitar pups, and never bass,  emg, rio grande, sd and so on, its like they don't even care, like they just made bass pups just to compete with each other, they just make them and don't stop to care.

just polish the turd and make it look like a brownie,  and thats my exausted time to go to sleep cuz its 11:30 and im going blind rant.

ed roman's got nothin on that.

Back