Bass6 showcase option!

Hahaha.  I need to go pick it up from my luthier today so that I can throw it together.  I bought a new camera!

-Mark

AprioriMark said:
Hahaha.  I need to go pick it up from my luthier today so that I can throw it together.  I bought a new camera!

-Mark
Good, now take the thing apart, put it back in the box, tape the box up, take a picture, open it, take a picture, etc...

Yup.  Bass6 parts available now.  It's pretty cool.  Kinda' like a crossover car or sport utility.  A little bit bass and a little bit guitar.  This one sure is purdy!

image.axd

Wyliee said:
Yup.  Bass6 parts available now.  It's pretty cool.  Kinda' like a crossover car or sport utility.  A little bit bass and a little bit guitar.  This one sure is purdy!

image.axd
Wouldn't this be just a long scale baritone, essentially that's what it is.... :dontknow:

I think these are meant to be tuned E to E, where a baritone isn't.
With different gauge strings though, I'm sure it could be a baritone.

James

It is 30", six strings, and a JM trem, is what it is. Tune it to whatever you want! Love all of these new and original creations, keep em coming and I hope you sell a ton.

tfarny said:
It is 30", six strings, and a JM trem, is what it is. Tune it to whatever you want! Love all of these new and original creations, keep em coming and I hope you sell a ton.
Baritones range from 27 to 30.5, so these would fall into that category. Don't see that they are "new and original" but it does look pretty cool and would love to play one or even build one... :icon_biggrin:

I'm going to try to play it like a bass, I think.  I'm sure I'll also do other crazy things with it, but I'm already using a '74 Bassman 100 as my bass amp, so this should fit into a similar sonic space.

-Mark

DangerousR6 said:
tfarny said:
Baritones range from 27 to 30.5, so these would fall into that category. Don't see that they are "new and original" but it does look pretty cool and would love to play one or even build one... :icon_biggrin:

"Baritone" suggests something that is tuned halfway between, usually to A-A or B-B. Bass 6 is tuned a full octave down at E-E, so is not technically a Baritone.

Warmoth have listed the bass 6 at .84 gauge E like the Jerry Jones guitars, as opposed to the origina Fender .95. The .95 gauge Schecter Hellcat 6 I played was woeful on the lower strings. Too flabby and all but worthless. Does the lighter gauge improve on that?

Been waiting for these for months.  :hello2:

I'm really intrigued by this. I've been looking for a bass, and I think this might be right up my alley. I'd like a non-trem version though. Any plans for a hardtail?

I'm wondering the same thing, but what could work?  Some of the lower strings are bass gauges, which means bigger ball ends that wouldn't fit in the guitar sized ferrules.  A recessed string thru
T-O-M might work if the string thru holes were diagonal to allow guitar type spacing with bass string ferrules.

I know it's not exactly the same, but the Schecter in the clip J-J posted has a stoptail setup. Surely there'd be some way to do that...

PitchShifter said:
DangerousR6 said:
tfarny said:

"Baritone" suggests something that is tuned halfway between, usually to A-A or B-B. Bass 6 is tuned a full octave down at E-E, so is not technically a Baritone.

Warmoth have listed the bass 6 at .84 gauge E like the Jerry Jones guitars, as opposed to the origina Fender .95. The .95 gauge Schecter Hellcat 6 I played was woeful on the lower strings. Too flabby and all but worthless. Does the lighter gauge improve on that?

Been waiting for these for months.  :hello2:
Baritones are usually a fith or a fourth lower as you said, but you can tune it anyway you want, but technically by scale length it's still a baritone.... I'm just saying.....:dontknow:

Back