BASS "Explorerbird" Swamp Ash body / P bass Neck

Maelinbass

Inspired by John Entwistle axes....

I will take a few more picks of the bass ASAP (weekend) while that happens, there its a vid of the thing in action.

Explorer Swamp Ash body, one of the last explorer bodies out of the factory before the Gibson shake up, if I´m not mistaken. P bass neck with block markers. Gotoh bridge, Schaller tuners, Seymour Duncan Pups (Alnico neck) (Ceramic bridge).

Body Finish: Sealed, Black stained wood filler, sanded, Minwax Ebony oil based stain, Stripes with Lanco Golden oil base stain, about 20 Tru oil rubs.

Neck Finish: Lanco Golden oil base stain, 3 Tru Oil rubs

Strings: DR Black Beauties (the set on the vid it´s about 2 years old)...sound and feel like butter.

Sorry again, I will post more PICS ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUq7qf9MPF0&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• maelin explorer Warmoth.jpg
    maelin explorer Warmoth.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 1,116
  • maelin explorer Warmoth.jpg
    maelin explorer Warmoth.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 710
Cool bass, looks and sounds great. Actually I like it more than Entwistle's.

I liked the song too. I haven't followed Overkill since Gustafson left, the guitar riff is very NWOBHMish. Reminds me of the Jaguar's song "Back street woman."

Kostas said:
Cool bass, looks and sounds great. Actually I like it more than Entwistle's.

I liked the song too. I haven't followed Overkill since Gustafson left, the guitar riff is very NWOBHMish. Reminds me of the Jaguar's song "Back street woman."

Thanks man...you should check Overkill´s 3 last albums....those are just mindblowing.

As promised here are the pics (I found them on my laptop  :cool01: ) so I didn´t had to wait and search for them on my external HD.

Enjoy, there´s the whole process of how I finish it. Any questions I´ll be glad to answer...cheers!!!

Attachments

• E16.jpg
    E16.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 653
  • E11.jpg
    E11.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 653
  • E8.jpg
    E8.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 621
  • E7.jpg
    E7.jpg