Bass arrived but not too happy

quindecima

I am happy with everything but the line where the neck meets the body and the scuff on the back!

Attachments

• 20191010_160455.jpg
    20191010_160455.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 718
  • 20191010_155648.jpg
    20191010_155648.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 700
  • 20191010_162600.jpg
    20191010_162600.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 787
Yes the scuff can be buffed out but I paid a lot of money for this Bass and where the neck and body meet with a line that is not dyed where it joins is NOT good.  This is something that should have been caught before it was sent out. 

Please explain to me how they do not ring true.

I can't even SEE what scuff you are talking about, but as for the tiny line that NO ONE WILL SEE.... Warmoth does not dye inside the neck joint. In fact, most quality makers wouldn't bother staining there because.... NO ONE WILL SEE IT.

We're all a bunch of Warmoth fanboys here, but you do need to give customer service a call. Especially before taking a grievance public.

Yup - talk to customer service.

If you decide to keep the body, we can offer advice as to best fix the blemishes.  Should be pretty easy by the look of it...

swarfrat said:
We're all a bunch of Warmoth fanboys here, but you do need to give customer service a call. Especially before taking a grievance public.

What he said.  I just see a beautiful green machine in the works.

Tell me this, is the neck loose in the pocket?

AirCap said:
Please explain to me how they do not ring true.

I can't even SEE what scuff you are talking about, but as for the tiny line that NO ONE WILL SEE.... Warmoth does not dye inside the neck joint. In fact, most quality makers wouldn't bother staining there because.... NO ONE WILL SEE IT.

That is a big CROCK.  I am not that concerned with the scuff I know it can be buffed out but that is not just a line, the edge of the body is proud at least 1/16in or more from the neck.  That is NOT acceptable in a Bass that I have way over 1K in.  I have had a LOT of custom Basses over the years and NONE of them would send one out like that!

ghotiphry said:
swarfrat said:

What he said.  I just see a beautiful green machine in the works.

Tell me this, is the neck loose in the pocket?

Yes.

If both pieces are theirs they will make it right. A call to them is definitely in order.

I'm glad it worked out for you.  I know it's frustrating when you order something and it's not right.

Back