Baritone Strat HSS Soild Korina body Ebony on Wenge neck

Rich

Pretty happy with the wood so far.
What should I do about that bridge plate mounting hole situation though? Dowel and re drill?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    965.9 KB · Views: 387
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 360
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 396
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 353
Contact Warmoth Directly, confirm that the bridge route you ordered matches up with your bridge on hand.
If so, and it's Warmoth's bad, they're pretty accommodating, and it goes even further to say, how you bring it to their attention goes a long way.

Gentlemanly conduct usually yields a gentlemanly outcome.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Contact Warmoth Directly, confirm that the bridge route you ordered matches up with your bridge on hand.
If so, and it's Warmoth's bad, they're pretty accommodating, and it goes even further to say, how you bring it to their attention goes a long way.

I did call them. Spoke to a very nice dude. Basically the issue is I'm wanting a Gold American Standard flat mount bridge, which Fender apparently made very few of. The guy at warmoth was actually pretty optimistic about the fact that the mounting holes matched as well as they did with the bridge I bought. He suggested that unless I went with the actual fender American standard bridge (chrome) I'd have to dowel and re drill a smidge. No biggie really. This body and neck are really nice and I have all the time in the world :)

Rich said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

I did call them. Spoke to a very nice dude. Basically the issue is I'm wanting a Gold American Standard flat mount bridge, which Fender apparently made very few of. The guy at warmoth was actually pretty optimistic about the fact that the mounting holes matched as well as they did with the bridge I bought. He suggested that unless I went with the actual fender American standard bridge (chrome) I'd have to dowel and re drill a smidge. No biggie really. This body and neck are really nice and I have all the time in the world :)

Fortunately, the center one lines up and that's the biggest hurdle.  The other holes can be dowelled/redrilled, with the bridge plate itself concealling it.

Very beautiful body, gonna be a killer Bari-Strat when you're done with it.

Made some oak dowels to fit and we're all filled up now :)  :headbang1:

Attachments

• P1020547.jpg
    P1020547.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 312
  • P1020553.jpg
    P1020553.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 333
ihnpts said:
Beautiful grain on that body! I'm always disappointed to see pretty wood on a pickguarded-body, but it looks like you've got the gorgeous part free & clear.
Thanks! Almost made me want to go clear pick guard lol. But the black guard with gold trimmings looked super super classy when I mocked everything up together. Black lets the wood really pop!

Back