Bangel Burst Warmoth Strat!!!

B

back2thefutre

My second Warmoth!!!

Neck: Indian Rosewood, Ebony Fretboard, SS6100, Earvana GraphTech Nut
Body: Chambered Swamp Ash, Quilt Maple Top, Bangel Burst
Pups: Dimarzio Air Norton, Pro Track, Tone Zone
Bridge: Wilkinson w/ GraphTech Saddles and Killer Guitar Components Big Brass Block (I will install a Schaller Sure Claw and Goldo BackBox if they ever come in the mail, I ordered them over a month ago ???)

I just strung her up, and she needs final touches. The Earvana nut is AWESOME, it really makes a difference-- very satisfied with it. The Big Block restricts tremolo range of motion, which I don't like but I will probably route out some space for it eventually. I was scared of the sound I would get from the rosewood neck, but it sounds just fine and feels like silk. Anywho, enjoy!!!

010-2.jpg
013-1.jpg
018-1.jpg
021-1.jpg
032.jpg
025.jpg
026.jpg
:headbang:

I love it! although I have to admit that the busy pickguard kind of distracts from the flame maple.. other than that, great!

Great looking Strat but I have to agree with Marco on the pickguard.  Love the tuner knobs.

Very nice, and I 3rd the opinion of the pick guard.  :headbang: I don't know if it's the color or the pattern, or both, but the pick guard is the only thing I would want to change if it were mine. But hey, don't let us rain on your parade, if you love it, that's all that matters.  :icon_thumright:

I love it all but the middle pickup and switch tip.  I think they would look better black to match everything else.  Other than that great!

Gorgeous guitar! I hadn't heard of the Schaller Sure Claw and Goldo BackBox, so I looked them up. They look incompatible with each other?  The only trem modification I use is a Tremol-No, and in order to adjust it perfectly, you have to be able to change the angle of the claw slightly by varying the two screws' adjustment. The Schaller unit advertises "Simultaneous, parallel adjustment of the spring claw " but that's a BAD thing, from the standpoint of adjusting another stabilizer to work correctly. They also tout that "worm gearing means that adjustment is child's play" but you're substituting a device made with at least six different pieces for something simple that already works perfect? Plus you can only use three springs, maximum. I'm not a retro "Leo-got-it-perfect" guy by any means. It looks like a lovely piece of engineering - it's possible to festoon a guitar with every sort of modern "improvement" available - but there's a lot to be said for simple functionality.

http://schaller-guitarparts.de/hp235396/Sure-Claw.htm

I love Schaller's tuners & bridges. :hello2:

looks great.  I love the pickguard...tuners too.

you do need to get a black tip for that toggle.... :laughing3:

I have never played a rosewood neck, but after looking at your, it is at the top of my list of things to do.

If my rosewood neck comes out half as awesome as that I'm going to be psyched.

Blue313 said:
Nice!  :icon_thumright:

How are you liking the Air Norton in the neck?
I REALLY like the Air Norton in the neck, I would definitely recommend it. I don't like the tone zone in the bridge though.  Not enough output and too trebly and thin. I may try a super distortion instead :glasses9:

stubhead said:
Gorgeous guitar! I hadn't heard of the Schaller Sure Claw and Goldo BackBox, so I looked them up. They look incompatible with each other?  The only trem modification I use is a Tremol-No, and in order to adjust it perfectly, you have to be able to change the angle of the claw slightly by varying the two screws' adjustment. The Schaller unit advertises "Simultaneous, parallel adjustment of the spring claw " but that's a BAD thing, from the standpoint of adjusting another stabilizer to work correctly. They also tout that "worm gearing means that adjustment is child's play" but you're substituting a device made with at least six different pieces for something simple that already works perfect? Plus you can only use three springs, maximum. I'm not a retro "Leo-got-it-perfect" guy by any means. It looks like a lovely piece of engineering - it's possible to festoon a guitar with every sort of modern "improvement" available - but there's a lot to be said for simple functionality.

http://schaller-guitarparts.de/hp235396/Sure-Claw.htm

I love Schaller's tuners & bridges. :hello2:
Hi, you're probably right man. I just want the Sure Claw cause it looks really really cool and I've always disliked the normal claws cause they look flimsy. I wanted the BackBox so the trem would return to 0 better without having to give the whammy bar a shimmy after use, but suprise the wilkinson goes back on it's own really well and also I've discovered "flutter" with this trem and it is too much fun, something the BackBox eliminates. If they ever come in the mail (which I am starting the suspect will never happen after over a month) Im gunna use the sure claw for this guitar, but use the Backbox for another build. :)

Love the new guitar. I also really like the pick guard. I think it looks very interesting with the flame top and the color.

weldfish said:
Love the new guitar. I also really like the pick guard. I think it looks very interesting with the flame top and the color.
Thanks, I like the pickguard too. But everybody else doesn't like it. I guess they are not cool enough :icon_thumright:

I like the pickgurad too. I have the same in my burled mahogany Thinline. Never a guitar is too busy for me!

Noice!
I like the fancy Schnobs on the Tuners too!  :icon_smile:
It's kinda like carmel and cinnamon!

At first I was a little taken aback, but the pickguard seems to work for me with the top, which says little of how spectacular a neck that is. I've always wanted to see just how that one looked fo' real

I am not one for transparent finishes, really, but I think this one was interesting.  :kewlpics:

Back