Bad Ass Water Slide!!

Wow is all I can say.  That is truly insane...
Chances of a perfect landing like that has got to be mighty slim!
I think that I will be staying away from that sport  :icon_jokercolor:

There's no way thats real......................Is there?  :icon_scratch:

I'm not so sure.  From what I could see there is no way for the guy to build up enough velocity to do that on the slope he was on.  Besides - you'll need pretty precise velocity and launch angle calculations to get that accurate - just sliding on down won't do it. 

Guys around here who practice snowmobile jumps over similar distances calculate like crazy and then carefully set the speed on the sled at particular points on the approach ramp.  You just can't "kinda wing it" as shown in the video.

Besides - how did the guy control his direction down the ramp?

I dunno - seems fishy to me.

it's what you dont see in the video that interests me. at whet looks like the bottom of the slope the guy dissapears behind a hill.

Brian

mayfly said:
I'm not so sure.  From what I could see there is no way for the guy to build up enough velocity to do that on the slope he was on.  Besides - you'll need pretty precise velocity and launch angle calculations to get that accurate - just sliding on down won't do it. 

Guys around here who practice snowmobile jumps over similar distances calculate like crazy and then carefully set the speed on the sled at particular points on the approach ramp.  You just can't "kinda wing it" as shown in the video.

Besides - how did the guy control his direction down the ramp?

I dunno - seems fishy to me.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but still it's pretty awesome!

on second look you can tell they start manipulating the video footage the moment the camera is zoomed out all the way. the guy shffts and becomes a dot, you can see where this happens. still pretty good editing. :sign13:

Brian

Back