Babicz and Warmoth not quite compatible

I had this issue with some bridges.

La Cab- American Standard strat bridge. Just barely got the action high enough with the saddles cranked up to their limit.

Gold babicz full contact tele. Strings were laying on board with height maxed out

*Chrome babicz full contact tele - This one actually had no issues..*

weird right? The one with the action issues had a Clapton contour neck, while the one without issues had a 'boatneck' not sure if that made the difference.

JD0x0 said:
I had this issue with some bridges.

La Cab- American Standard strat bridge. Just barely got the action high enough with the saddles cranked up to their limit.

Gold babicz full contact tele. Strings were laying on board with height maxed out

*Chrome babicz full contact tele - This one actually had no issues..*

weird right? The one with the action issues had a Clapton contour neck, while the one without issues had a 'boatneck' not sure if that made the difference.
Just as a point of info, I had no problems at all with the Babicz Z-Series Tele bridge and a standard thin profile neck. Had plenty of height for my application.

I went with the Z-Series because I wanted a large canvas for engraving, and the multiple holes in the standard Babicz, (not to mention the billboard sized etching), would have made that impossible. I also wanted the steel base plate. If I might ask, how does your Tele sound with the aluminum base plate of the Babics original series bridge? It's always been my understanding that a major part of why you can get that Tele "Twang", was because the pup was mounted in a big steel plate. Do you find the Al plate affects that?

Does anyone by chance know the thread and screw size for the intonation adjustment screws on the Full Contact tele bridge?

I replaced the intonation screws on my Z-series Babicz tele bridge, size is M3-.5. Can't swear the "Original" series uses the same size, but 89 cents and a drive to your local heme improvement center is all it would take to verify..... Good luck, please let us know when you do find out for sure.

BigSteve22 said:
I replaced the intonation screws on my Z-series Babicz tele bridge, size is M3-.5. Can't swear the "Original" series uses the same size, but 89 cents and a drive to your local heme improvement center is all it would take to verify..... Good luck, please let us know when you do find out for sure.
M2.5x25mm

The 25's may or may not be too long depending where you need to have the saddle. 18mm-25mm length seem to be the ballpark.

JD0x0 said:
M2.5x25mm

The 25's may or may not be too long depending where you need to have the saddle. 18mm-25mm length seem to be the ballpark.

Thanks for posting the screw size. I'm surprised that the "Original" series uses metric screws. Since it's USA made, I was expecting imperial thread, something like a 4-40 x .75". Also surprised that the screws are actually smaller than on the Z series. Thanks again for the info....

Babicz parts are made in Taiwan. At least, that's what their packaging says. They're only expensive because they can charge whatever the market will bear.

As far as metric vs. SAE/imperial sizes, we've actually had a law in place since 1975 that says metric is the preferred measurement system in the US. Of course, "preferred" is hardly a mandate and there's no enforcement mechanism in place, so basically all it did was prevent repercussions for or discrimination against off-shore suppliers - "off-shore" meaning the entire world except the US.

Some percentage of the few manufacturers left here have changed over to metric, but that probably has more to do with buying tools and fasteners from off-shore suppliers than any willingness to shift away from our archaic and nonsensical system.

Well I'll be dipped! Could have sworn that Original series were US made, but I just checked their web site, and absolutely NO mention of where they're made.

As for the "metric law", never heard of it, but not much surprises me these days. I mean, a 1975 law with no enforcement mechanism? How could that even be? Oh wait.....

Thanks Kevin, always something to learn!  :icon_thumright:

I've had a couple here, is the only reason I know. Kinda pissed me off, knowing what I paid for the things. Nice parts, but grossly unfair pricing.

As for the metric thing, yeah. I thought it was during Carter's brief experiment with leadership, but it was actually Gimpy Gerald Ford's thing. No matter. It was a toothless law, so it had no real noticeable effect.

Back