Aww, that camphor burl guitar is up on Ebay

stubhead

Master Member
Definitely one of the more memorable tricks the forest nymphs were playing with the trees, that time.

Burly.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warmoth-Soloist-Strat-w-Warmoth-Fender-style-Neck-/110949460515?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D2047422716537656400%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D3%26

the forest nymphs did all that hard work for nothing, since someone forgot the golden rule of never ever putting a TOM on a strat!!!!

That, and what's up with that toggle switch + poker chip?

What a waste.

Marko said:
the forest nymphs did all that hard work for nothing, since someone forgot the golden rule of never ever putting a TOM on a strat!!!!

I'm disturbed by the Gibson style switch and ugly Rhythm/Treble ring thing. 

What's up with the back of the headstock, versus the rest of the neckback? It looks like someone coarsely sanded the headstock, then polished up the rest.

Also, seems like a very odd guitar to replace your Ibanez JEM with, as the seller claims he did. :icon_scratch:

I definitly dont think its worth the buy it now price, not even close.  :confused4:

line6man said:
What's up with the back of the headstock, versus the rest of the neckback? It looks like someone coarsely sanded the headstock, then polished up the rest.

Also, seems like a very odd guitar to replace your Ibanez JEM with, as the seller claims he did. :icon_scratch:
neck shaft could have just polished up from playing...

Marko said:

Oh mi. Seems like I must be a forest nymph.  :icon_biggrin:

Does it help recessing them?

TT: That must be one of the must unappetising  Warmoths I ever saw.

DangerousR6 said:
line6man said:

That's what my Bloodwood bass neck looks like.  I tried to capture it, but my Blackberry is not the awesomest camera on earth. 

tacoma2012091500311.jpg

-Mark

AprioriMark said:
DangerousR6 said:
line6man said:

That's what my Bloodwood bass neck looks like.  I tried to capture it, but my Blackberry is not the awesomest camera on earth. 

tacoma2012091500311.jpg

-Mark

What I mean is, the headstock wood looks bad. Like it's coarse and dry. Put some lemon oil on it or something.

SustainerPlayer said:
Does it help recessing them?

Recessed makes it totally acceptable... more specifically, the stopbar on a strat is the actual deadly sin..

Marko said:
Recessed makes it totally acceptable... more specifically, the stopbar on a strat is the actual deadly sin..

Ahh - that we can agree upon. Although the original builder may have used it trying to cover up that ugly burl.

Well - one sin does not cover another sin.  :toothy11:

Back