Autograph on the headstock.

Tonar8352

If your going to build a custom guitar for yourself you might as well make it a signature model like j4321’s.  I just placed the signature decal on Jay’s Tele Deluxe headstock and I think it looks killer.  He made sure to date it 2009 so I guess I better hurry up and finish it.  :laughing7:         Actually I’ll be rubbing out the body tomorrow and shipping it on Friday.  I like it alot!

IMG_3933.jpg

That does look pretty cool.  Though it could depend on ones signature.....  Some have better penmanship/style than others.

The craftsman (in this case the finish-man) shall sign it too!!!!

Stop teasing us and show it entirely :p

+1
Tonar,  you've got to sign it.

Jay, let Tonar sign it....Please.....

I always put my name, the date, and the name of the person I finish the guitar for after final rub out on tape inside the pickup routes.  Unless it's a vintage guitar.

Tonar8353 said:
I always put my name, the date, and the name of the person I finish the guitar for after final rub out on tape inside the pickup routes.  Unless it's a vintage guitar.

You deserve a headstock sign :icon_thumright:

jimh said:
+1
Tonar,  you've got to sign it.

Jay, let Tonar sign it....Please.....

Ok no one is writing on this guitar, including me! That's a decal I had made from my signature - pretty cheap I might add. You just need to have a hi-res image. I scanned my signature, cleaned it up in Photoshop like a compulsive perfectionist, and sent it to the guy on ebay. My own sig doesn't look that good.

Anyway it is a J Hughes signature guitar... having Greg's name is certainly deserved, but unplanned for and it took some time to get the decals as it is. If it's any consolation, I've done a bit of professional artwork for publications and don't get to sign my work most of the time. How it is. I will of course drop Greg's name anytime I talk about the thing.

hey, metalman, how did you sign your's? i've been thinking of doing the same thing, but i was going to have somebody inlay it with MOP or something

juat good 'ol silver sharpie and then sprayed nitro right over it. When you spray the nitro you have to make sure not to touch the signature until the nitro is dry, otherwise it will smear

i thought it kind of looked like silver sharpie...

but i'll avoid that. with my luck that'll be the one time my signature looks like i forgot how to spell my name  :-\

Haha, you just gotta grab your balls and go man... (balls = sharpie)

I have a "W" neckplate Doug (DangerousR6).  My last name also starts with a W, so it's confusing to most to say the least.  "No, the W is for Warmoth," I say.  They reply, "But it could be for you."  What if my last name was Gibson or Fender?

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I have a "W" neckplate Doug (DangerousR6).  My last name also starts with a W, so it's confusing to most to say the least.  "No, the W is for Warmoth," I say.  They reply, "But it could be for you."  What if my last name was Gibson or Fender?

If it was Gibson you'd play mandolin.  If it was Fender you wouldn't play anything.

Back