Ash with dark brown finish

T50

Hi Gents,
I always loved the finish on this Killer KG Prime (used by Akira Takasaki from Loudness).
According the Killer website, it's "white ash".

Prime-b1.jpg

Prime-b2.jpg

I finally decided to order a Star shaped body with this finish from Warmoth.
Is this something that Warmoth does? If so, what do they call this type of finish?

I don't think Warmoth does that finish.
Tonar can give instructions on how to get something close, if he pops by.

No, that's dyes with sandbacks, this has black/dark brown grainfiller, stains (I think), sandbacks, possibly more stains.

That almost looks like a burned finish.  I can’t tell from the picture but it looks like they torched the soft grain.  If your serious about replicating that finish I suggest you check one of the guitars out in person and determine if it is dark grain filler or if it is a burned finish. Let us know what you think and we can come up with a finish schedule so you can replicate it.

Hi Gents,
Thank you all for the help!!!  :icon_thumright:

Unfortunately, I haven't seen these Killer guitars in person.
These are rare... at least around here where I live (NJ).  :icon_scratch:

Okay, from what I can see in the pics posted by Max,
I see the torched finish. I guess they did this to enhance the grain??

Now, will this be possible to have it done by Warmoth....?!!   :help:
Is this type of finish something out of ordinary?

I can do it. If your interested in having me do it PM me for a price quote.  Seeing it in Max's pictures it is definitely torched. Dangerous and I concur!!!

Max said:
Warmoth will not do torched finishes, I think.
Thanks again for the help, everyone! Having them to get me a piece of ash with nice
prominent grains would be a good start. 

T50 said:
Max said:
Thanks again for the help, everyone! Having them to get me a piece of ash with nice
Just keep an eye out in the showcase, there's usually plenty of ash bodies....Just depends on what shape you're after...... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
T50 said:
Max said:
Just keep an eye out in the showcase, there's usually plenty of ash bodies....Just depends on what shape you're after...... :icon_thumright:

I'm interested in a star shaped body... I'm not so crazy about the Warmoth version, though.
It's a bit smaller than the normal star bodies a la Charvel and Kramer.

Hey, Tonar
A PM sent!

T50 said:
DangerousR6 said:
T50 said:
Max said:

I'm interested in a star shaped body... I'm not so crazy about the Warmoth version, though.
It's a bit smaller than the normal star bodies a la Charvel and Kramer.

Hey, Tonar
A PM sent!
Check out these guys...
http://www.kneguitars.com/bod_list.php

Back