BigBeard

Hey everyone, I am building a strat for a guy and I thought I would share:

Specs will be:
Ash lefty strat
Bright red dye with black grain fill
Floyd Rose
Maple neck
all black hardware
Seymour Duncan Humbucking pickups (Duncan Distortion and Duncan '59)
One master volume no tone, three way LP style switch with series/one coil/parallel mini switches
Black pickguard

Pics of the body and neck:

31725_120871931271880_120842824608124_239727_7776943_n.jpg

31725_120871937938546_120842824608124_239728_7649011_n.jpg

31725_120871944605212_120842824608124_239729_772215_n.jpg

31725_120871947938545_120842824608124_239730_2203730_n.jpg

NonsenseTele said:
Will be cool! But it's wrong way, send this back :laughig7:

Nando,

:doh:

I ordered a brazillian right handed strat and this was what they sent me!!!  :icon_thumright:  :icon_scratch:  :icon_tongue:
Must have something to do with being in a different hemisphere?  :laughing7:  :laughing3:  :laughing11:

How is your shoulder?

One question I have about this build is am I going to have a problem mounting a Floyd Rose Tremolo to this guitar?  I will fill in the hole in the guitar if I have to.

Hazzah! another lefty!  :icon_biggrin:

Looks like it's going to be a sweet build, make sure you keep us updated  :icon_thumright:

:rock-on:

Pyrodan said:
Hazzah! another lefty!  :icon_biggrin:

Looks like it's going to be a sweet build, make sure you keep us updated  :icon_thumright:

I'm not sure, this is routed for which bridge?? If you have no idea, measure the cavity and compare with these routes:
http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Options/BridgeRoutingOptions.aspx

The holes for the studs, you're going to drill?

The shoulder is "going", no big pain but it's not confortable and will need 2 more weeks with it imobilized... :sad1:

cheers

NonsenseTele said:
I'm not sure, this is routed for which bridge?? If you have no idea, measure the cavity and compare with these routes:
http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Options/BridgeRoutingOptions.aspx

The holes for the studs, you're going to drill?

The shoulder is "going", no big pain but it's not confortable and will need 2 more weeks with it imobilized... :sad1:

cheers

Yes buddy I am going to drill the holes for the studs and rout for the floyd.  I'm not concerned with that, I'm just wondering if the hole through the body for the whatever trem is in the right place.  I thought if it was in the wrong place that I would glue in a piece of ash to fill it and start over.  When the floyd gets here I will know, just my brain working overtime.  Never had anybody ask me for a floyd guitar, until now!  I will figure it out next week when the bridge arrives.

Good to hear your shoulder is coming along!

The major problem is the width of the hole and if the guy wants to use the Floyd to up an down the pitch, then would need more work... But they're all on the right position on body...

NonsenseTele said:
The major problem is the width of the hole and if the guy wants to use the Floyd to up an down the pitch, then would need more work... But they're all on the right position on body...

Perfect, thanks bud.  I figured as much, nothing a little surgery with a router won't fix.  I'm going to recess it so it has maximum movement.  I was just hoping that I didn't have to glue in a chunk of ash and re rout a hole for a small difference.   

Ya got some nice grain going on that ash...
I am anxious to see how it looks with the red and black grain fill.  Should be cool.
I like the one knob shopping option.  Good luck and keep the pics a rollin'
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Black Dog said:
Ya got some nice grain going on that ash...
I am anxious to see how it looks with the red and black grain fill.  Should be cool.
I like the one knob shopping option.  Good luck and keep the pics a rollin'
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Max did a photoshop rendering for me (Thanks Max!!) of about what this is going to look like.  I am going to try to use a little brighter red, but this is the idea:

30700_121075504584856_120842824608124_240684_4853386_n.jpg

Would love a twin but then I would need a new wife.  I have several new guitars she has not seen yet.  Also a warmoth LPS body in my closet.

Assumer said:
Would love a twin but then I would need a new wife.  I have several new guitars she has not seen yet.  Also a warmoth LPS body in my closet.

Hahaha.  I have a storage unit that's climate controlled.  She has *seen* all my guitars at one point or another, but they're not all in one place, so the reality of it hasn't sunk in.

-Mark

DangerousR6 said:
You're showing your ASH.... :icon_biggrin:

I know. How you doing Doug?  Haven't heard from you in a while!!!  Keeping busy with the neck plates?  Hopefully so.  I was in your neck of the woods last year, at least as close to your neck of the woods as a guy from Pennsylvania gets when referring to Texas. I did a moving job for a lady that moved from PA to Tyler Texas.  How far are you from Tyler?  It was funny I looked at the map when we were in Arkansas almost into Texas and thought that it would be 2 hours till we arrived at our destination.........  Well I forgot to take into consideration how much smaller they make the maps of Texas in a road atlas so it will all fit.  It took us almost 6 hours from the Arkansas/Texas border, and it looked like it was 2!!!  So, what I learned that day is that everything in Texas isn't in fact bigger....  A roadmap of Texas is actually smaller in scale than the other state maps so it will fit on the pages!!!!  It is nice country.  Tell you what really blew my mind was the cops in pickup trucks wearing real cowboy hats.  I thought that was just crap on TV, not real life!!!  I almost got caught smoking a joint in traffic when a marked police pickup came rolling up beside our truck.....  I wasn't on the lookout for  a Chevy Silverado cruiser,  I'm used to looking for a Crown Victoria with a cop in it!!

BigBeard said:
DangerousR6 said:
You're showing your ASH.... :icon_biggrin:

I know. How you doing Doug?  Haven't heard from you in a while!!!  Keeping busy with the neck plates?  Hopefully so.   I was in your neck of the woods last year, at least as close to your neck of the woods as a guy from Pennsylvania gets when referring to Texas. I did a moving job for a lady that moved from PA to Tyler Texas.  How far are you from Tyler?  It was funny I looked at the map when we were in Arkansas almost into Texas and thought that it would be 2 hours till we arrived at our destination.........  Well I forgot to take into consideration how much smaller they make the maps of Texas in a road atlas so it will all fit.  It took us almost 6 hours from the Arkansas/Texas border, and it looked like it was 2!!!  So, what I learned that day is that everything in Texas isn't in fact bigger....  A roadmap of Texas is actually smaller in scale than the other state maps so it will fit on the pages!!!!  It is nice country.  Tell you what really blew my mind was the cops in pickup trucks wearing real cowboy hats.  I thought that was just crap on TV, not real life!!!  I almost got caught smoking a joint in traffic when a marked police pickup came rolling up beside our truck.....  I wasn't on the lookout for  a Chevy Silverado cruiser,  I'm used to looking for a Crown Victoria with a cop in it!!
Pretty good, doing some plates here and there. Yep it's not just a saying, things are bigger in Texas, especially the distance between places. I'm about an hour north of Tyler, ya some cops in trucks some in Crowns and some in Chevy's. And the real bad asses are the camaro Cops... :icon_biggrin:

Back