Are you Kidding Me??

deepblue

At long last I got around to starting my Strat project....( Strat Alder Body)
I was stopped dead in my tracks after five minutes!!

The six vintage trem screws popped through into the tremolo cavity!
WTF??
Im using Fender hardware off of my Mayer Strat, and theres no way in Hell that those screws
should be coming through...no way!

I expect this from a Squire body, but not an American Strat style body.
I have written an e-mail and im going to call in the morning.
This is unacceptable!!Thoughts guys?

WM.jpg

Ill be fair and give them a chance to make it right. I do understand mistakes happen and will be
the first one on here to praise their customer service if all goes well, but MAN is that a piss off!

I've seen this before on fender guitars.  It's more common that you might think.

I personally don't think its a big deal, but a couple of questions for you:

1 - does if affect trem operation?
2 - is it visible to the outside world?

mayfly said:
I've seen this before on fender guitars.  It's more common that you might think.

These bodies are licenced by Fender.....I have owned alot of Fenders in my time and not one
had the screws come through the back.

deepblue said:
mayfly said:

These bodies are licenced by Fender.....I have owned alot of Fenders in my time and not one
had the screws come through the back.

Sadly, I've seen otherwise - on fender custom shop models as well.

But... You're right.  The body is completely unacceptable.  However, I'm willing to take it off your hands for a reasonable discount considering the heinous nature of the defect.

oh -  :icon_jokercolor:

The same thing happened on my Strat from Hell, but that was a Mighty Mite body. I was like, "What the Hell!?!" when it happened, then thought, "Screw it, there'll be a trem plate covering that anyway."  :laughing7:

That being said, if you're not happy, by all means pick up the phone.

Have you considered that the TREM SCREWS MIGHT BE TOO LONG??? Warmoth sells a six hole trem that doesn't put holes into the trem cavity of my strat. I'd put the blame on that John Mayer tremolo

It's really good to know that the vast majority of the "unacceptable" stuff that gets put on here 1) affects nothing 2) is invisible 3) is completely common. I mean, if that's what counts as 'unacceptable' then you know the overall actual quality is fantastic.
To me, "unacceptable" = warped necks, terrible frets, uneven tuner holes / poor neck -body fit / gouges - gaps in the body / more than three pieces / etc.

tfarny said:
It's really good to know that the vast majority of the "unacceptable" stuff that gets put on here 1) affects nothing 2) is invisible 3) is completely common. I mean, if that's what counts as 'unacceptable' then you know the overall actual quality is fantastic.
To me, "unacceptable" = warped necks, terrible frets, uneven tuner holes / poor neck -body fit / gouges - gaps in the body / more than three pieces / etc.

100% of the money I sent to Warmoth is good. If these bodies (as claimed) are licensed by Fender, then they should be up to Fenders standards. I have never seen a real Fender body with six screws poking through the back.
And, if all Warmoths Fender bodies are the same, then every body with the six screw vintage bridge should look
just like mine. I assure you the screws I used were regulation vintage Fender....mass produced.
I dont want my money back, but id like another body......I will keep you all posted as to their reply.

nice hannah  :laughing11:

so you drove the screws too deep and that's some how the fault of warmoth?
sorry but i'd guess your SOL. i mean warmoth didn't drive the screws in right?

wood screws vary in length and what fender carried at the time warmoth programmed the bodies might not be what they carry now. i'll bet if you measure a mexican strat, a japanese strat, an american strat, and a custom shop you'll find all different pocket depths, more still with vintage instruments and re-issues. unless you can prove that the body thickness or route depth is other than the warmoth standard then you just need to own your mistake. the only blame i see is to the guy behind the screwdriver.

so you drove the screws too deep and that's some how the fault of warmoth?
sorry but i'd guess your SOL. i mean warmoth didn't drive the screws in right?

I drove the screws in untill they hit the bridge plate.....you know, where they are suppose to rest!
I mean really...do you know anything at all about a vintage tremolo?
Should I leave the screw heads sticking up 1/4' off the plate?......dont insult my intelligence.

Dan025 said:
wood screws vary in length and what fender carried at the time warmoth programmed the bodies might not be what they carry now. i'll bet if you measure a mexican strat, a japanese strat, an american strat, and a custom shop you'll find all different pocket depths, more still with vintage instruments and re-issues.

I think this is the key part of his post...

Back