April Guitar/Bass of the Month: WINNER

Who should win

• Total voters
hannaugh said:
baskruit said:
SlingBass said:
baskruit said:
I think a shot like this does the bass more justice. The neck is what this bass is all about, not the solid black body.

eusa_naughty.gif
  It's not just a pretty face!  IF you'd seen pics and description of it guts (besides the obvious P/J pups and selector switch) - you'd be cognizant of the "inner beauty" of this entry 
love.gif

'Sides......YOU voted for a geetar 
tongue.gif

Nothing wrong with guitars. A band with just bass players would majorly suck.
I just noticed that apparently I forgot to actually vote. Who knows, I do like the full frontal shot better than the initial entry. Not sure yet.
Have you hear Spinal Tap's "Big Bottom"?  I'm pretty sure they're all playing bass.  It's an amazing piece of music.  :laughing7:

Gotta love Youtube. Thanks for the heads up. Never heard it before.

Well, those upstairs deck shots were not as spectacular are I hoped they would be. Either too dark or overexposed, and reflections of my socks in all the shots.
cussing-1.gif

I've really got to work on my photography skills. :blob7:

I thought this picture was decent, except when I take overexposed pictures of the bass, the Pau Ferro takes on a nasty color.

4497418103_f669c7237d_b.jpg

ahhh, I miss the ocean... I used to live close to the sea like that too.. and I didn't really believe it back then when they said that once you lived at the sea, you will miss it for the rest of your life, but it is true..

Marko said:
ahhh, I miss the ocean... I used to live close to the sea like that too.. and I didn't really believe it back then when they said that once you lived at the sea, you will miss it for the rest of your life, but it is true..

I was born and raised within walking distance to the sea - living inland feels utterly unnatural to me...

(I voted blue flame in the end, btw)

line6man said:
Well, those upstairs deck shots were not as spectacular are I hoped they would be. Either too dark or overexposed, and reflections of my socks in all the shots.
cussing-1.gif

I thought this picture was decent, except when I take overexposed pictures of the bass, the Pau Ferro takes on a nasty color.

This is your "pool shot"... with a REALLY big pool.

line6man said:
cussing-1.gif

That's a classic "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" move, line6man - awesome bass, awesome environment, and everyone would kill for the view (and a few would kill for the axe, too).  Ya got my vote.

Bagman

I guess we're still allowed to campaign.

Don't forget this beauty. I'm sure she won't win, but only 3 votes? C'mon, you know you want to strum her.
MULLY

4473094588_9faabb2824_b.jpg

4472316245_46b5aaeaec_b.jpg

That's certainly a beautiful guitar, Mully, and I wanted to vote for it because it suits me just fine. We have similar taste. Look what I built a few months ago...

IMG_0329_Crop.JPG

But, Gezzed's Jazzmaster is not only also beautiful, it's a fundamental improvement on a design. It rights wrongs. What has traditionally been an over-engineered and silly design bordering on ugly has had its inherent flaws corrected, making the instrument practical, and for icing on the cake he made it highly attractive. You gotta give extra credit for that. All you and I did was make the standard into a centerfold <grin>

mullyman said:
I guess we're still allowed to campaign.

Don't forget this beauty. I'm sure she won't win, but only 3 votes? C'mon, you know you want to strum her.
MULLY

4473094588_9faabb2824_b.jpg

4472316245_46b5aaeaec_b.jpg
It's the tape that's killing it!!!  :icon_scratch:

j/k Nice Strat.  :icon_thumright:

and the logo's upside down!!

this month has some fierce competition. i had to take two days to decide on a vote.

I decided to vote for Line6man's bass anyway. Not only is it a fine instrument, if it wins it will show (like I stated) that we won't need separate contests for basses.  :glasses9:

baskruit said:
I decided to vote for Line6man's bass anyway. Not only is it a fine instrument, if it wins it will show (like I stated) that we won't need separate contests for basses.  :glasses9:

This is becoming a political thing!  :laughing7:

I really wanted to vote for Line6guy, however I ended up voting for Nando..  not only do I like it, but it is also a symbol for the early warmoth forum day, when it was Nando's profile picture! which it was forever!!

DMRACO said:
Congrats Line6man....well deserved!!!  Our 1st and hopefully not last bass of the month!!!
line6man.jpg

Awesome!  :toothy12: :toothy12:

What an honor to be the very first bass of the month winner!  Thanks everyone for all the votes. :eek:ccasion14:

There were many great entrees this time, I still can't believe that a black Jazz bass could beat them all. :blob7:
This proves that a bass can compete against the guitars without separate guitar and bass of the month polls, though I do still favor the idea of doing bass-only contests every-so-often.

For the record, I voted for Chriscross' Strat, though Gezzed's Jazzmaster was a close choice.

Allow me to congratulate you and your stunning bass, line6man
wolla.gif
  You were in extremely good company - NOT a loser in the bunch!  It's nice to see a bass appreciated in this manner, but to all those who endeavor to build their own masterpiece - you deserve to give yourselves a hand, as well 
eusa_clap.gif

see ya...
icon_wink.gif

Back