Anyone have examples of black burst? Can't find any

I'm looking for examples of black burst (particularly with black korina) besides the one real life example on Warmoth's color choices pages and besides the renders when customizing. There's a bunch of black to clear burst but I've ruled that out. I'm about to order parts for the jazzmaster I'm about to build but I just can't settle on the damn body color. I want the jazzmaster to be pretty dark and moody. I'm debating between black burst over black korina or brown to clear burst with black burst over. I'm pretty sure I want to do black burst but I cannot for the life of me find real life examples of it! Any help would be appreciated.

Yes. They're pretty much all black to clear burst because the key words are the same and black to clear is more popular. The only black burst photos I've founded aren't over black korina which affects things greatly.

But I can offer is this...
https://warmoth.com/skin/images/PDFs/BodyFinishes.pdf

Scroll down to "Bursts on Black Korina". Black Burst is on the far right. I can see why it may be unpopular, IMHO Black Burst looks pretty drab/dull without flame/quilt maple.

That's what the warmoth rep directed me to too and it just wasn't quite enough for me. I guess I'm just going to go for it. The content creator of YouTube video linked above said he thinks his is black to clear burst but I'm not sure if he's right about...

I think black burst might be perfect for me though. I want a really dark guitar that still has wood grain show through subtly. Like a black guitar but more interesting. And more subdued than a lot of the stuff I see on here that are a bit too flashy/gaudy to me. I really don't like the look of flame maple and quilt maple bodies. All the examples in the dyes section look horrid to me. Like the cheetah print equivalent of a guitar.

Yes I posted about the youtube video titled "2021 Warmoth Stratocaster".    I deleted the post because its a black to clear burst, which is not what you were asking for.  He has an unboxing video on his channel where it is easier to see the body when it is not assembled.

I used google and found pics, but you know, even if you look at pics on the internet, it won't be real life.  The only way to know for sure is take the leap and do it.  If you don't like it you can sell it, at a loss, but you'll know.  There are no guarantees in life ... except death and taxes.

What about transparent black instead of a burst?  That seems to fit your description.

Hm. Trans black USED to be an option, and then it wasn't available in the custom drop-downs but they said that was an error and it was still available (many moons ago). It may be worth dropping them an email to see if you could get it.

tcwota said:
Hm. Trans black USED to be an option, and then it wasn't available in the custom drop-downs but they said that was an error and it was still available (many moons ago). It may be worth dropping them an email to see if you could get it.

Trans Black IS Black Burst. People complained that Trans Black looked more like a burst because of how dark trans black gets on the radius, so the name was changed to Black Burst.

Back