Anyone going to NAMM this year?

Maka491

I'm going to the NAMM show this very January and I was wondering if anyone else is going. If so what are you going to be most interested in?

It's my first NAMM and I am super excited about being there.  :blob7:

I'm gonna be doing some serious pedal test driving at NAMM.  I've been reading Dave Hunter's Guitar Pedal Guide in preparation I've got a little bit of cash put away and I'm going to sell a big less-than-nice-sounding multi-effects unit I have so I can pick up a pedal or two soon - just not sure what I want to invest in yet.  I also have the week off from regular work that whole week, so I think I'm finally going try to finish my BYOC builds earlier in the week before the show starts.  I've got a Tremolo waiting for me and my in-laws gave me the 250+ kit for Christmas. 

Other than that I'm looking forward to meeting all kinds of cool gear heads like I did last time and having some majorly geeky guitar conversations. 

Not guitar related but ....
I'm interested at getting the Korg MS-20 .... I use to have one when they 1st came out in the 70's
(wish I still had it)

Anyway while your there at NAMM could you do me a big favour. Please  :icon_biggrin:

Could you walk passed and stop at the Gibson stall and laugh real loud at this guitar (pic below) for me.
Thanks so much  :icon_thumright:

Oh dear    :dontknow:  looks like some FirebirdX parts where left over. No surprise there !!
http://www.lamusic.ca/product-p/lpx-hbch.htm
See they have gone all out this time ........ a red gig bag  :laughing7:

LPX-HBCH  :doh:

Love some of the comments left  :laughing11:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2973259-2013-Gibson-LPX
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/231501-new-2013-gibson-lpx.html

Attachments

• 47589_10151184476250718_1725598512_n_zps5fa9f208.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 282
  • LPX-HBCH-2.jpg
    LPX-HBCH-2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 281
Updown said:
Anyway while your there at NAMM could you do me a big favour. Please  :icon_biggrin:

Could you walk passed and stop at the Gibson stall and laugh real loud at this guitar (pic below) for me.

Already did that yesterday.  Laughed, shook my head, and left the room in disgust. 

The Epiphone side of the room was better than the Gibson side.

I think Gibson simply has to fire their head of Marketing and head of design for new guitars and focus on its core guitar. The LP Standard. Why they are doing such ridiculous things like MinEtune and all that crap is beyond me.

Not to mention the overly confusing versions of there LP Standard.

Get a grip Gibson - you're embarrassing yourself.

hannaugh said:
Updown said:

Already did that yesterday.  Laughed, shook my head, and left the room in disgust.

Thanks  Hanna  :laughing7:

I completely agree.  The Gibson area is just depressing.  I stayed about 5 minutes because it just made me sad. 

Back