Anyone familiar with the Metallic White Pearl color?

leftygeetar

Do you know if the Metallic White Pearl is lighter in color than Olympic White? Does it change color over time?
I wanted Alpine but looking for another color since it is not currently offered.. THANKS

It's a very different color from Oly White, which leans a little grayish, almost. The pearlescent pigment is much "brighter" looking. Catches more color than the cold Alpine white.

Arrr - but I be familiar with the Black Pearl..

Johnny-Depp-Welcome-Back-as-Captain-Jack-Sparrow-Jerry-Bruckheimer-Says-675x444.jpg

If you look at my avatar you'll see a guitar with white pearl. Not warmoth. After 25 years it's got a tiny tiny yellow tinge. But it's been at smoky fire pits, cook outs , seen some w@@d , been in the sun, beaches, been to Europe ,around north america .... character. If you know of any paint, any wood any material .. that does not change over time you'll make fortune. Arrr.

If you like the color get the color and enjoy the changes.

Last edited:
If you look at my avatar you'll see a guitar with white pearl. Not warmoth. After 25 years it's got a tiny tiny yellow tinge. But it's been at smoky fire pits, cook outs , seen some w@@d , been in the sun, beaches, been to Europe ,around north america .... character. If you know of any paint, any wood any material .. that does not change over time you'll make fortune. Arrr.

If you like the color get the color and enjoy the changes.
Thanks. Good to know. So hard to pick a color when the one you wanted is not available.

This might be worth looking at if you have not seen it already.

Thanks that is a better way of checking out the colors.

I ended up just ordering a polar white body via stratosphere (I hope I do not get booted from this forum) but will be buying my neck and likely pickguard from Warmoth. I will probably make another posting about neck radius very soon. :)

I ended up choosing color over weight. Only time will tell if it was a mistake. :eek:

I ended up just ordering a polar white body via stratosphere (I hope I do not get booted from this forum) but will be buying my neck and likely pickguard from Warmoth. I will probably make another posting about neck radius very soon. :)

The cool thing about this forum is you can be candid about the pros and cons of your interactions with Warmoth and other vendors, as long as you're focused on issues instead of mudslinging.

I guess I will learn the hard way and have to build another one in a year. :) It begs the question: How many fake battery compartments equals a half pound in an alder body? :unsure:
If the alder body is about 4 lbs, you'd need to remove 1/8 of its total mass. That's a lot of battery compartments!

Back