Anyone ever use a Warmoth neck on a Squier body?

thebutcher85

I found a couple Squier strat and tele bodies super cheap at a pawn shop locally, I haven't bought 'em yet, I was wondering if Warmoth necks would fit them? Has anyone here done this with success? Would it be better to get an inexpensive body from W instead? (I'm talking $35 for a squire strat body and $40 for a tele body that I could get)

the warmoth neck i just recieved says its a replacement for fender and squire guitars.. i measured my squire vs my 2 mim strats today and squire thickness was in between the 2 mex strats! one barely wider, one fatter, all less that a 1/16th diff.  id say choose by finish pref becase the neck will be sweet!

I have, usually they are a very good fit. Warmoth neck are always CNC'ed to exact Fender specs. Some after market bodies can have very sloppy neck pockets.

I did it.  They fit right in. There's a lot of paint in the squier neck pockets usually. But the necks fit in real nice.

Here's a post on my Squier affinity body I resurrected with a Warmoth neck: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17051.0 .  Had to redrill the holes in the Warmoth neck because the body holes were off but it worked great otherwise.  The affinity body was thinner than a standard strat body so I had to modify the trem block for it to fit inside the body.  Some Squier bodies are standard thickness, others aren't.

It's true. If you have a Fender body that a Warmoth neck won't fit on, it's a lead pipe cinch that the body is at fault, not the neck. Fender parts are notoriously inconsistent. It's like they're made by humans or something.

Hi. nice work. i was just wondering if there was any issue or mod required by you with the W neck fitting into the pocket of the thinner body squier. tks

globalnova said:
Hi. nice work. i was just wondering if there was any issue or mod required by you with the W neck fitting into the pocket of the thinner body squier. tks

You're replying to a 10-year-old topic.

So what? Bro's asking a question. youse guys can dog pile a dude about a necrobump like a buncha weirdos or u can choose to be helpful

my dude, if the squier uses fender dims (short for dimensions, the physical kind, not the metaphysical kind), then yes. it don't matter who makes the body if it matches the dims on the Big W's website

A Warmoth or indeed a Fender neck of standard vintage type dimensions will fit in some Squiers. But there is quite a bit of variation in Squiers so there is no guarantee.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-fit

More (most) recent-era Squiers are to Fender specs so far as I'm aware, where older ones tend to be narrower but inconsistent over different model, but even then you could make it work with some adjustment to the neck pocket or the neck itself if you're handy like that. I would adjust the pocket itself if the neck has a decent Warmoth/Fender spec. When in doubt get the caliper out and measure the thing (and don't forget depth). Also, many Squier bodies can be thinner overall than Fender spec.

For my part I think Squier makes some fine guitars, but don't really tick my boxes as far a mod platform. Less than $50 for a body is fine just understand that you could be dealing with a 5 piece of whatever wood and have to do some redrilling, a given pickguard or whatever may not be an ideal fit, little things like that. 

jay4321 said:
More (most) recent-era Squiers are to Fender specs so far as I'm aware

Around what year would you say Squiers became closer to Fenders specs-wise?

My '95 Squier, which i'm retiring and replacing with my coming Warmoth, had dimensions that were so far removed from Fender's. I wrote the actual dimensions somewhere but lost the piece of paper; neck pocket was much deeper and the heel end of the neck was much thicker to compensate. I'm so glad i didn't buy a Warmoth neck when i was planning to back in 2016; it would have been too sunken and i would have needed a super thick shim. Screw hole placement was also off.

Back