anybody using SD Antiquity II Jazz Bass Pickups?

line6man

Epic Member
Ok, i just ordered a Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Jazz Bass Bridge Pickup (pretty long name...) for my fretless jazz bass.
the bass i am working on is just a bridge pickup, and no neck.

I ordered this pickup because it said that it was similar to the pickups that SD wound for Jaco, so i figured that it would be a good choice for a fretless jazz...

so has anybody used these pickups? are they pretty good? From what i have seen, the Antiquity pickups are supposed to be SD's line of "high end" pickups.
I am really more of a DiMarzio guy (my favorite players use DM, like Satch, Vai, Yngwie, Billy Sheehan) but i dont like the jazz bass pickups that DM makes. i want a vintage style single coil pickup, and it looks like SD makes a few of these.

line6man said:
Ok, i just ordered a Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Jazz Bass Bridge Pickup (pretty long name...) for my fretless jazz bass.
the bass i am working on is just a bridge pickup, and no neck.

I ordered this pickup because it said that it was similar to the pickups that SD wound for Jaco, so i figured that it would be a good choice for a fretless jazz...

so has anybody used these pickups? are they pretty good? From what i have seen, the Antiquity pickups are supposed to be SD's line of "high end" pickups.
I am really more of a DiMarzio guy (my favorite players use DM, like Satch, Vai, Yngwie, Billy Sheehan) but i dont like the jazz bass pickups that DM makes. i want a vintage style single coil pickup, and it looks like SD makes a few of these.

Hi i have a Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Jazz Bass Bridge Pickup on my hollow white limba jazz bass with fretless maple ebony neck,
it has  slightly more low midrange peak around 500 k than a standerd vintage fender jazz bass pick up.

Back