Any photos of flamed roasted neck with ebony(black) fretboards??

Here's the neck I got for my Mustang:

41e.jpg_l.jpg

58f.jpg_l.jpg

22d.jpg_l.jpg

d6e.jpg_l.jpg

It doesn't get much better than that! Are those Schaller tuners? They look damn fine on there. Great machines.

Thanks beautiful! Is the backside of that neck unfinished or....??? How do you like the feel of it?

adiaz said:
Thanks beautiful! Is the backside of that neck unfinished or....??? How do you like the feel of it?

Roasted maple doesn't require a finish and it feels great, especially if polished/burnished with high grit sandpaper

musicispeace said:
It doesn't get much better than that! Are those Schaller tuners? They look damn fine on there. Great machines.

They look like Gotoh tuners on Logrinn's guitar.

excuse the weird lighting lol, i was trying to figure out how to use a strobe at the time. I really like ebony as a FB in general. Paired with SS frets it's a really slick feel.

50024732082_26d06e3c80_h.jpg

49999105393_82adb9e87a_h.jpg

Flame maple & ebony are my choice for a luxurious looking neck but:

1) I prefer the color of the non roasted maple.

2) Unless I was going for an all black guitar like the LPC, I prefer the grain patterns of Macassar ebony.

61728215.jpg

Chad11491 said:
excuse the weird lighting lol, i was trying to figure out how to use a strobe at the time. I really like ebony as a FB in general. Paired with SS frets it's a really slick feel.

50024732082_26d06e3c80_h.jpg

49999105393_82adb9e87a_h.jpg

musicispeace said:
No, like Stratamania said, those are Gotoh's.

adiaz said:
Yes, it's unfinished and I love it. All my necks I've got, except for my latest, have been unfinished.
This Mustang neck differs and has a satin clear finish on the back. It's also roasted maple, but no ebony fingerboard as can be seen here.

fb0.jpg_m.jpg

And the only reason it was finished was because I had Warmoth paint the face of the headstock.
And for safety reasons they prefer in such cases to finish the whole neck to avoid possible imbalance which might cause warping.

Back