Any good cases for Warmoths? (Specifically a Z5 Bass.)

Geekydad

Today, I ordered a  custom Warmoth Z5 bass body, with a Warmoth deluxe 5 neck. It's my first high-end bass; I've only got a MIM Squier right now. Naturally, I want to protect my investment, so I figure I should start looking at decent hard cases. Any recommendations?

I can't speak specifically to a bass but with guitars I have had good luck with SKB cases in terms of fit and quality and not being overly costly. As you say, its protection for one's investment.  Their website should list options.

I would check the measurements of the body and compare them to a jazz bass. They look similar. If they're close, the SKB 44 and SKB 44-Pro are good options. Just make sure to check the fit around the aluminum lip. My first one came demolished by Guitar Center, and the second one was messed up as well. Took a while to get a usable one. Damage was GC's fault though, not SKB's. Cases are made to fit a P-Bass or J-Bass, but there is a little room around the body with my Warmoth Deluxe 5 P.

Sweetwater might be a better option to order from:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1SKB-44PRO

and

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKB44

re: GC

Those folks have such a liberal return policy that they've come to be known as a "free" rental outlet. People "buy" stuff, use it for just short of 30 days, then return it for a full refund. That would be fine if they'd absorb the cost of sending the gear back to the manufacturer to be reconditioned, where it could be sold as such at a reduced price. But, they're also pretty good at just taping up the box and reselling it as new. As a result, you have to watch what they give you pretty close, lest you accept somebody else's cast-off that may or may not have less-than-obvious flaws or at best is slightly consumed.

what would make a good case for a custom t bass?

I assume g&l asat bass

but who makes those?

You know, it occurs to me I should have mentioned it was left-handed; probably makes a bit of a difference as well...

sixstringsamurai said:
TKL SKB, and guitar fetish has a whole new line of legit flight cases for reasonable money.

it doesn't appear that any of those make a tele style bass like a g&l asat would fit in

that is what my build would be closest to

Back