Another strat/tele hybrid...

ORCRiST

I don't think I've ever seen this combo before... it makes me feel dirty looking at it, and would never want one... but its also strangely
appealing at the same time:

Fender_Custom_Shop_Tennessee_Stratocaster_Orange_XN5737_a.jpg

Fender_Custom_Shop_Tennessee_Stratocaster_Natural_XN5684_a.jpg

Discuss.

ORCRiST

Would look good with a tele headstock.....Oh how I hated saying that, as I can't really stand the tele headstock.... :doh:

I like how it has the Strat outline, including the headstock. It only gets weird when you look at the details. I'd build one.

The serious teleheads insist that the steel ashtray bridge plate with three brass bridge pieces is really vital for true teleness. Bridge pieces are allowed to be either angled or filed for better intonation, but the six inserts are a no-no for true-blue sniffers. And the bridge pickup has to have the plate underneath, and a $115 Callaham bridge is more telly than an actual $30 Fender one, even though you're trying to duplicate a Fender and, and and..... :icon_tongue:

Can't say they do much for me. Maybe get rid of the Tele pickguard in favor of a Strat 'guard modified to accommodate the Tele bridge, and get rid of the Tele control plate in favor of Strat controls, it might be more interesting.

I like it, I like it a lot. Though the Strat/Thinline hybrid Fender did a few years ago was better, I think. The Thinline's pickguard matches the Strat's curves better.

is the hardware black or is that the lighting? normal hardware and a cover on the neck pup would make it look better to me.

stubhead said:
The serious teleheads insist that the steel ashtray bridge plate with three brass bridge pieces is really vital for true teleness. Bridge pieces are allowed to be either angled or filed for better intonation, but the six inserts are a no-no for true-blue sniffers. And the bridge pickup has to have the plate underneath, and a $115 Callaham bridge is more telly than an actual $30 Fender one, even though you're trying to duplicate a Fender and, and and..... :icon_tongue:
Yea, bet they stick one finger out when they pick up their tea cup too

when does a bridge make a guitar? they are one of the most modified item on an axe.

give me a break, talk body style or headstock, but bridge and pickups?

Back