Another Soloist--Who Gives a Hoot?

Great Ape

A bird and some barnwood...don't ask why, these things just pop into my head fully formed, and some of them just beg to be carried out...on wood! Black hardware & pickups to come...this is basswood, which I sometimes choose because it often shows negligible grain of its own. So in this case, I had to add the grain by woodburning so it would (wood?) appear more appropriately barn-y.

Mr. Ape, your threads are one of my favorite things on this forum. That is badassical in the extreme!

Just when I think I have a favorite, you start another one. More mystical than some. Beautiful, as always.

I give a hoot. That one is sick. It looks like a graphic from a comic book with the border. So bad ass. Great job on creating that wood grain. Killer execution on this one.

Where is the Blue Monkey website so we could buy some of these beauties  :laughing7: Can't keep em all to yourself.

Aah, man! The website is CRAWLING toward um, something...like maybe - existence...I hope...but I am workin' on it. No, really, honest...kinda...

Wow! Very much "Trompe-l'œil". Great work as always.

Squarespace and others like it make it easy to do a website.

-K

unstrung said:
Noice.

Wow, you burned in your own wood grain. That is over the top!

What pickups?

Pickups are a Li'l '59 in the neck, and my go-to for humbuckers-Duncan Antiquity in the bridge.

God, that is SICK.  I wish you'd make a video one day of you doing some wood burning, some dyeing/coloring, etc.  This is just amazing artwork.  You're a master, my friend.  I think I love this one the best.  :eek:ccasion14:

Back