Another fine body...

Congratulations to 5000 posts! :eek:ccasion14:
Several of them have helped me for sure! :icon_thumright:

stratamania said:
fdesalvo said:
That going to look and sound great. Very excited about that bridge.

Thanks, Frank. Looking forward to it also...

Edit: I just noticed this was post 5000!

Hopefully, a few of them have helped some folks...

You’ve made great contributions here

Congrats on 5000, Stratamania.  Yours is a valued voice here, and your builds are awesome as well.  Keep on comin' back, brother!

Indeed, a most valued, helpful, and prolific poster.

Also, consider that's probably a fairly dense 400 page book, no pictures. Ever think you could write a book?

Thanks, Bagman67 and Cagey...

I suppose I could write a book. I have lost count of the number of pages of documents I have written over the years.

I agree with Magnus, Frank, Ian and Kevin. Your 5000 posts have been both helpful and enjoyable.

Well, I just placed an order for what I think should be the last set of parts. They should be here in about 7-10 days.

spe111 said:
I think gold hardware might look good on that.

I have nothing against gold hardware as such but had not planned it for this build.

Does anyone else have a view on gold hardware with metallic black cherry?

I have a metallic black cherry carved-top Tele with gold hardware on it. it's a very good match...

BlackCherryTeleBodyAssembled.JPG

... but I'm afraid I don't have a better picuture of it.

Thanks, Cagey, it does seem to go together.

I have chrome already and some satin chrome incoming. But I also have another build planned in a while so I could perhaps do a switch at that point.

Another downside I see to gold is that this will have an LSR nut which of course is not gold.

I've run into that problem. I did recently find this offering on E-Bay, which I'm tempted to try just to see what shows up. Seems wrong. Even the standard finish units are usually around $40, so how can this be?

Cagey said:
I've run into that problem. I did recently find this offering on E-Bay, which I'm tempted to try just to see what shows up. Seems wrong. Even the standard finish units are usually around $40, so how can this be?

That seems inexpensive enough to try out. Only ships to the US, however.

I think chrome/nickel hardware could look good too. Especially if it's brushed/satin. What fretboard inlays does it have?

I have gold hardware including frets on my one strat with a copperhead finish and I think it looks great; gold would suit a finish like that even better. It only makes sense with certain flashy type guitar finishes and I think that finish has it.

The fretboard inlays are cream face dots. Most of the hardware I have coming in is satin chrome which should arrive on Friday. The NFT bridge is chrome as is the LSR.

Gold hardwear gets a lot of “love it or hate it” responses, maybe because it’s a vintage Strat hunter’s wildest dream to own an original Mary Kaye...and vintage guitars are like guns, they foster some awful extreme and adamant opinions in some people. Maybe because it can be seen as flashy or whatever, although I don’t really equate “gold” with “fancy.” It’s another color. On certain finishes, it really looks great, and the dark cherry is no exception.

Awesome Tele Cagey... Love that Hipshot stuff. That bridge sustains for days!

I suspect one of the downfalls for gold as a decorative finish is its tendency to wear off so rapidly. Generally speaking, gold plating is so thin it's barely there.

Back