Another fine body...

That color is unappealing to me in theory but looks great to me in practice.

Thanks, it is one of those colors that looks different depending on how the light hits it.

I was looking for something a little different and here we are.

spe111 said:
That color is unappealing to me in theory but looks great to me in practice.
Just the opposite here. Looked great on paper, I've never bonded with it IRL. Carved top Tele w/ curly Maple neck, HB pickups of some sort. Sell it cheap if you're interested.

Looking good. I’ve always been intrigued by this color. I bet it looks great seeing it for real.
What color pickguard are you planning for this body?

Logrinn said:
Looking good. I’ve always been intrigued by this color. I bet it looks great seeing it for real.
What color pickguard are you planning for this body?

Hi Logrinn, the pickguard will be black.

In certain lights, depending on the angle it just looks quite dark. Then you move the angle of vision or light and you see red sparkles and so forth.

Coingratulations. This should be a good one. It'll be fun to follow your build pics.

I can see where that color might be hard for some to love. I certainly don't hate it, but, much like Kevin, I'm not sure I'd be able to bond with it either. I'm thinking the matching headstock face will tie it all together nicely! It'll be interesting to see how this turns out....  :rock-on:

Thanks all.

I should have the rest of the parts together fairly soon and will, of course, post pics of the progress.

Easter Weekend might be a good time for the build.

A black pickguard would be my choice for this color as well. I’m sure this build will look stunning when it’s finished. Looking forward to those pictures.

Logrinn said:
A black pickguard would be my choice for this color as well. I’m sure this build will look stunning when it’s finished. Looking forward to those pictures.

Thanks...more to come to this thread or another...

Some more parts arrived.

EMG SL20 Pro Series

EMGSL20 by stratamania, on Flickr

Placed against the body.

PickguardBody by stratamania, on Flickr

The black pickguard superimposed shows the difference between a normal rout and the width of the NFT Floyd pickguard.

PickguardComparison by stratamania, on Flickr

One job will be transplanting the pickups and controls from the supplied EMG pickguard to the Warmoth one. I will also have to use the EMG pickguard as a template for drilling for the Volume and tone controls in the Warmoth pickguard.

For the money, the SL20 kit is a great value and is even supplied with pickguard screws in addition to the jack socket and battery leads.  On a white strat, the supplied pickguard would be a nice option too I think.

fdesalvo said:
That going to look and sound great. Very excited about that bridge.

Thanks, Frank. Looking forward to it also...

Edit: I just noticed this was post 5000!

Hopefully, a few of them have helped some folks...

Back