...And more color suggestions:

Mapleg4

A silverburst, a finish Mastodon and Adam Jones of Tool has made quite popular:
LPCWSBCH1_.jpg

And some kind of dark, solid brown that looks like dark leather. This picture of an Adidas Shoe was the only picture of a finish like that I could find.
467269_F_l_r.jpg
You guys really need to get some solid brown colors!

Warmoth can do the Silver Burst paint job. Call in for a quote.

Warmoth do a Candy Brown that is pretty nice looking but when we put up solid brown colored bodies on the Showcase, they have historically sat for a long time waiting for a buyer. That doesn't make us excited about expanding in the solid brown direction as you can imagine.

How about Warmoth selling the paint, dyes, and stains so we can do whatever color we want? I think it would be cool for those who are willing to do it themselves.

j_fountain2 said:
How about Warmoth selling the paint, dyes, and stains so we can do whatever color we want? I think it would be cool for those who are willing to do it themselves.
To much trouble selling hazardess material and shipping it. We don't want to be in the paint business. We're just wood workers here.  :icon_biggrin:

Gregg Stewart said:

Warmoth do a Candy Brown that is pretty nice looking but when we put up solid brown colored bodies on the Showcase, they have historically sat for a long time waiting for a buyer. That doesn't make us excited about expanding in the solid brown direction as you can imagine.

Thanks, Gregg. Don't you have a problem doing custom paintjobs? I thought your custom department was pretty overloaded.

The dark brown you are looking for is called Van Dyke Brown.  Mac-Lac lacquers makes a great Van Dyke brown in nitro lacquer.  You can get a solid color with it or you can let it down with clear and use it as a shading lacquer to do a tabacco burst. 

Mapleg4 said:
Gregg Stewart said:

Thanks, Gregg. Don't you have a problem doing custom paintjobs? I thought your custom department was pretty overloaded.

The paint department is always slammed. The vast majority of custom requests we can't do or won't try. That one we've done a few times.

Isn't that the whole point of Warmoth to begin with?

Giving aspiring guitar builders the raw materials to assemble & finish their own instrument to their own liking?

Grizzly.com & stewmac.com have an abundance of resources for equipping one the necessary supplies to adequately finish your Warmoth instrument with outstanding results, far more than the raw materials in wood components (bodies/necks) than what are available at Grizzly or Stewmac.

You can even get quotes from some auto body shops that accept guitar body finishing for additional sources of revenue.  There are even some that advertise it, you just have to look locally to see who.

Tonar8353 said:
The dark brown you are looking for is called Van Dyke Brown.  Mac-Lac lacquers makes a great Van Dyke brown in nitro lacquer.  You can get a solid color with it or you can let it down with clear and use it as a shading lacquer to do a tabacco burst. 

Thanks!

I think I may have made a confusing statement in my last post.

Basically my point is this;
Since Grizzly & Stewmac both sell finishing products in addition to body/neck components, we all know that the quality of the bodies/necks of Warmoth is far superior to them.  My point was that one would best be service by purchasing their wood/hardware components from Warmoth, & finishing suppliess (paint,laquer, etc...) from Grizzly or Stewmac.

Thank you, sorry for an inconvenience.

Back