Alternative contoured heel

stubhead said:
If you buy a "reverse" - lefty-peghead, righty side dot neck you lose the side-adjuster too, right?

It's not the headstock or fret marker orientation that make a difference. It's the guitar body.  The side adjuster is on the right side of the neck, so the left-handed version of some bodies (like Strats) will cover it.

Cagey said:
stubhead said:
If you buy a "reverse" - lefty-peghead, righty side dot neck you lose the side-adjuster too, right?

It's not the headstock or fret marker orientation that make a difference. It's the guitar body.  The side adjuster is on the right side of the neck, so the left-handed version of some bodies (like Strats) will cover it.

He's talking lefthanded necks on right handed bodies, not right handed necks on lefthanded bodies.  And yes, the side adjust isn't there on the lefties (necks).

Jackson56 said:
What about combining the Fender Deluxe heel with the Warmoth Contoured one?  Best of both worlds!

That would be PERFECT to me!  I have a Fender Deluxe, and I love the contour of the heel/neck joint, but it would be a bit more comfortable if it was a tad lower....so combining the Fender Deluxe heel with the Warmoth Contoured one woudl be SOOOO welcomed in my book!

Back