almost HNGD

@stratamania

I saw your strat build and I have seen that thread before. Love the colour and it's one of the reasons I wanted a purple warmoth ;-)

However, I am afraid reply #13 shows the same issue I face with my guitar body. You can see the left trem insert and post that it is off-center of the edge knife. you should measure the distance between the posts. I bet they are at least 56.5-57 mm (should be 55.9mm) apart. It might that in your case it works, however, in my case the tremolo has no room to move up, only down and the posts are not perpendicular to the edge knifes.

In any case I went to a respected luthier in Holland to ask his opinion and he was really surprised, that this otherwise stunning piece of woodwork had such a major flaw. He is going to repair it, so it will work as it is supposed to.

I would like to thank you all for your comments. It did not help me with Warmoth, I think they are really fed up with me, but thanks anyway!!  :icon_thumright:

@Overseasguitar, I see what you mean from the photo you mention but I think its just the angle of the photo. On others it doesn't appear that way.

I can't measure it as I possibly wont see the guitar for at least a few weeks now if not longer. In fact it is probably closer to you as it is near the Dutch border in Belgium, alas I am not.

It certainly works without any issue at all and holds tuning stability very well. I am also quite particular about things lining up. I will certainly take a closer look when I can but again it has no issues in how it works at all.

I am glad you were inspired by my guitar, and that you have someone helping you out to make yours closer to how you want.

stratamania said:
@Overseasguitar, I see what you mean from the photo you mention but I think its just the angle of the photo. On others it doesn't appear that way.

I browsed some more, but indeed it does not appear on other photos: the bass side stud appears to be centered on te knive edge. I am very interested to hear what you find on your guitar.

Back